Subject: Swan Panasia Sleeves via Mayday rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I had bought some Dixit sized sleeves from the https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com site. They arrived promptly. However, considering they were custom made for Dixit, they could have fit a bit better. After reading through the terms page, they reference a return policy. I can not find that policy so I took the next step, I tried contacting support through the web page. Going through the help links takes you to a "404" page. Okay, no problem. I remember reading a address on the terms page. I shoot a mail to support@swanpanasiasleeves.com. A few hours later, I get notified that they could not reach said address and deliver the email. Checking the Facebook link, they haven't been active since 2015. shake

Remembering that Swan is distributed via Mayday in the states, I go to Mayday's site and search the FAQ for Swan help. http://www.help.maydaygames.com/article/42-do-you-sell-swan-.... Can anyone else guess how that turned out?

I guess now I need to contact Mayday about contacting Swan. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I the one lucky guy to try this route instead of going through Amazon, CSI, etc? Buying and shipping were great. I looked for the size I wanted, added to cart, paid and two days later it was at my door. Trying to contact has been a pain in the ass so far.

Edit:

Wanted to add two more things. Swan sent a coupon with the invoice, it expired in April. Also, what is Mayday selling where this is part of the return policy? "Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases." Emphasis mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oreolus wrote:
So I had bought some Dixit sized sleeves from the https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com site. They arrived promptly. However, considering they were custom made for Dixit, they could have fit a bit better. After reading through the terms page, they reference a return policy. I can not find that policy so I took the next step, I tried contacting support through the web page. Going through the help links takes you to a "404" page. Okay, no problem. I remember reading a address on the terms page. I shoot a mail to support@swanpanasiasleeves.com. A few hours later, I get notified that they could not reach said address and deliver the email. Checking the Facebook link, they haven't been active since 2015. shake

Remembering that Swan is distributed via Mayday in the states, I go to Mayday's site and search the FAQ for Swan help. http://www.help.maydaygames.com/article/42-do-you-sell-swan-.... Can anyone else guess how that turned out?

I guess now I need to contact Mayday about contacting Swan. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I the one lucky guy to try this route instead of going through Amazon, CSI, etc? Buying and shipping were great. I looked for the size I wanted, added to cart, paid and two days later it was at my door. Trying to contact has been a pain in the ass so far.

Mayday for sleeves is the worst possible choice - they have horrible customer service and even worse quality control. And the Swan sleeves they distribute have the exact same problem in my experience - when I ordered some from them (when they first started bringing them over), I had to get replacements for over half the sleeves I got because they were too tight for the card size they were supposed to fit.

And the quality of the swan sleeves? I think they are far worse than just about anything out there, including Mayday - I've had more of those sleeves split than any other brand, and whatever material they use makes them harder to shuffle than other sleeves (even penny sleeves) because they stick together so much.

As for their communications - Mayday is horrible. However, if you mention the word Mayday along with negative adjectives (like horrible, terrible, garbage) enough times in a post, it seems like Seth Hiatt magically appears in the thread, so maybe he'll appear here too. Otherwise, there are a couple of Mayday accounts on BGG that you could contact via Geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've sent Mayday an email, will wait to see what happens there. Hope it isn't as bad as you made it out to be.

I agree I am not too happy with the quality of the Swans. If they really are 90 microns thick, why don't they feel as thick compared to other brands?

My primary sleeve of choice though are the Mayday Green premiums. Granted my experience is limited to Mayday, Ultra Pro, KMC, and now Swan, I prefer the greens over the the other brands because I do no feel like I am cutting myself every time I do shuffle them. I do not also have sticking problems either, usually sliding is my problem. I may just need to break them in more.

I wish there were other alternative brands to various sized sleeves, but not many out there. Would love to start my own, but not too savvy in that department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I must be lucky and have not had any issues with the generic non-premium Maday sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've probably ordered over 40 packs of Swan's sleeves and only had problems with 1 pack which they promptly sent a replacement for. If I recall correctly, I contacted Swan directly. Just send them an email and see if they respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oreolus wrote:
Also, what is Mayday selling where this is part of the return policy? "Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases." Emphasis mine.
Welcome to the world of copy and paste. Not all companies can afford to pay a lawyer to draft up some fine print. So they just make do with borrowing some from elsewhere and forgot to remove the irrelevant stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dkim06 wrote:
I've probably ordered over 40 packs of Swan's sleeves and only had problems with 1 pack which they promptly sent a replacement for. If I recall correctly, I contacted Swan directly. Just send them an email and see if they respond.

As I thought I said in the original post, I tried contacting them.

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
<support@swanpanasiasleeves.com>:
Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up."

So is there another email somewhere on the site for them? That's the only one I found there. Not like there are a whole lot of pages to go through, but after going through help which brings up a 404 and the terms page, where am I supposed to find the address that gets to somebody?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through my emails and looks like support changed to Mayday at some point.

support@maydaygames.com is the email I had my exchanges with recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I sent them an email about the same time I made the original post. Will see what happens at this point. Whoever they have over there running the website needs to get on the ball and update stuff. It's the same layout, the shipping label says Mayday, they could make it a bit more user friendly by having proper contact information if they have to keep them as separate sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. I hate their layout and it's hard to find information such as when certain sleeves will be in stock, which games they fit, etc. It's always a treasure hunt each time I look for stuff. However, I've been easily able to overlook those issues because I love their sleeves and had basically no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkim06 wrote:

Same to me. I agree that they are harder to shuffle but also easier to stack or hold. Maybe a matter of taste (I prefer the second)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
I must be lucky and have not had any issues with the generic non-premium Maday sleeves.

I really like my Mayday premium sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.