Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Gamer Curator
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this game set up and all ready for tonight. I noticed in the rule book that there should be 12 hex tokens numbered 1-12. I instead have two sets of tokens each numbered 1-6. Did mine get mis-packaged? Did something change from when the rulebook was printed? I have the 4 player version I bought of the website a couple months ago if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was just a change that got missed in the book. There aren't even 12 planets (even in the deluxe edition) to do that with.

I think the wording was meant to say that there are 12 exploration marker tokens (2 each of 1-6). One random token is meant to go under the planet until it is discovered, and the matching token is to be placed on the corresponding card of the artifact that was discovered on that planet so you know which one is where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I may not so sure about that. I have tokens 1-12 and they corespond to planet artifacts 1-12. Once you claim a planet you flip the hex face up and and put it back under the planet. Then take the artifact card that matches that number. You leave the token under the planet turned face up so if someone else takes that planet they'll know what artifact comes with it.

get the Print and Play files, print out the numbers you're missing, and skillfully paste them to the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you could play the way Trueflight suggested pretty easily. Instead of searching for the card that corresponds to the number on the tile, just take a card randomly and take the matching number tile to associate it to the planet. That's a really good fix for the dillemma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sanderson
Australia
Melbourne, Aus
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Jacob, the second sheet should be 7 - 12. Can you message me your details and I'll send you out some replacement tokens asap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
I may not so sure about that. I have tokens 1-12 and they corespond to planet artifacts 1-12. Once you claim a planet you flip the hex face up and and put it back under the planet. Then take the artifact card that matches that number. You leave the token under the planet turned face up so if someone else takes that planet they'll know what artifact comes with it.

get the Print and Play files, print out the numbers you're missing, and skillfully paste them to the tiles.

This is actually correct, there should be 12. I was thinking of a different game when I posted that. The same idea applies though so it can work with this one too though, lol.

As was mentioned, for Mothership, the artifact cards already have numbers on them, so you just have to link up what numbered card matches the token on the planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.