Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am currently playing Red Typhoon by Revolution Games and really enjoying it. I especially enyoy the Action Point System which is used in this game. Does anyone know of any WWI or WWII hex and counter games that use a similar system? I have played the Moments of History games (Turning The Tables, Drive to the Baltic, Velikye Luki) which use the C3I Points but are there other games that use an Action Point system to regulate movement and combat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a wargames subforum. Wargames|General|Forum|BoardGameGeek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Panzer2C wrote:
I am currently playing Red Typhoon by Revolution Games and really enjoying it. I especially enyoy the Action Point System which is used in this game. Does anyone know of any WWI or WWII hex and counter games that use a similar system? I have played the Moments of History games (Turning The Tables, Drive to the Baltic, Velikye Luki) which use the C3I Points but are there other games that use an Action Point system to regulate movement and combat?

About all of them, especially for movement. More than a few link movement and follow-on actions. Is there a particular part of Action Points mechanic in that game that is catching your attention?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactical wargames often have Action Points (sometimes they use a different name). E.g., Conflict of Heroes.

I'm thinking of APs as a limited number of points you have to spread across all your units per each impulse (Movement Points are per unit). Tactical games tend to have them because of the compressed time frame of the battle.

Victory in Normandy is a larger scale game that basically has APs, but i can't compare to the Typhoon game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
With no knowledge of the games mentioned above:

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division is known for its initiative track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.