Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt MacEachern
United States
Phoenix
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion instructions call for shuffling in 5 room cards to build out a larger matrix of room (6x5), which is clear enough. But how do you then identify and remove the expansion rooms to go back to the original 25 room layout?

I can't find any kid of card ID or inventory that provides that kind of information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
waltermac wrote:
The expansion instructions call for shuffling in 5 room cards to build out a larger matrix of room (6x5), which is clear enough. But how do you then identify and remove the expansion rooms to go back to the original 25 room layout?

I can't find any kid of card ID or inventory that provides that kind of information.

You are right. I just got my copy. Every card except the dungeon cards have DD#(#) on bottom right. I wonder if this was an oversight.

I think the easiest solution if you don't want to mark your cards would be just to take a picture of the 10 dungeon cards from the expansion so you know which ones they are.

I wonder if they will make a statement about these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the original edition and I have just received the expansion. In my case, the backs of the new room cards are upside down and this is how I can tell which are the expansion cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
gmilitaru wrote:
I bought the original edition and I have just received the expansion. In my case, the backs of the new room cards are upside down and this is how I can tell which are the expansion cards.

Hmm, I just checked mine and compared the base game with the expansion cards and they are all oriented the same. Weird that yours are different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knowles
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I read it correctly, there are only 9 new room cards in DD, one is supplied as a replacement for an original card that was not correct (if your copy has this old card).

Most DD cards are quite easily identified as they have the new shrines on them.

Of the remaining two cards, one is a foresight shrine but also has a treasure symbol (only card that has two symbols like this). The final card has a beast symbol on a plinth and a treasure symbol. No card in the original room deck has this.

So no real need to make any photos, just jot down the above to remind you.

However, I do agree that not having "DD" on the DD room cards is an obvious foobar by NSKN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at the digital card copies and can confirm that there are, indeed, card IDs printed on the all cards that are part of the Deeper Dungeon set. I don't have a physical copy in front of me, but I would guess that the card IDs are likely fairly visible on most cards, except the dungeon cards themselves, which is unfortunate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could make a list of the expansion cards? This is the sort of thing old people needed to do if they wanted to remember something. We used tools called "pencil and paper" but you young people have so many new options...

No need to thanks me, I am just an old guy trying to help the younger generation retain useful knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Maybe you could make a list of the expansion cards?

I think the problem is that the cards are not easily describable, e.g. "The one with the undead shrine but not the treasure icon", etc. Having an obvious identifier in the corner (either text or an expansion icon, like most expandable games) would make life much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hulker69 wrote:
If I read it correctly, there are only 9 new room cards in DD, one is supplied as a replacement for an original card that was not correct (if your copy has this old card).

Most DD cards are quite easily identified as they have the new shrines on them.

Of the remaining two cards, one is a foresight shrine but also has a treasure symbol (only card that has two symbols like this). The final card has a beast symbol on a plinth and a treasure symbol. No card in the original room deck has this.

So no real need to make any photos, just jot down the above to remind you.

However, I do agree that not having "DD" on the DD room cards is an obvious foobar by NSKN.

Just saying, but the remaining two room cards, since they don't have the new shrines, is there a need to separate them out from the base cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
there are, indeed, card IDs printed on the all cards that are part of the Deeper Dungeon set.

Would it be possible to get at least an indication of where these IDs are on the room cards, please? Because having had a group of four friends looking yesterday, there's no discernible ID anywhere on the cards.

I expect that it was a mistake with production where the black text for the IDs is actually hidden by the very dark card boarder. This is the same as trying to read the IDs off the blue cards in Mistfall, where it's black text on a dark blue area, but at least these are visible under a magnifying glass...

Misfiring wrote:
since they don't have the new shrines, is there a need to separate them out

If there wasn't a need, why write the instruction into the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.