Subject: Forge your own Dream - The Lucidity Construction Kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorsten Schleer
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote it in the comments, but maybe it's better to write down this idea here
I'm so enthusiastic about this game and the opporunities it offers, I wish there would be a way for the community to involve their creativity in the game.
For me it's like an editor in a computer game

For this idea we'll need 20 dice/dreams with a different color than the Standard dreams.
The sides of theese dice should be:
1 - 1Power
1 - zZz (Exhaustion)
2 - Shadow
1 - Symbol1
1 - Symbol2

For Symbol 1 and 2 we would need two new images.
I called them the "Empty Dreams".

With the "empty dreams" you would not only have the chance to include your own nightmare ideas in the game, but you can develop your own additional game modes (like the Bonehunters for example).

I think you will need the additional symbols for cool design space.
The four Standard colors are well balanced and offer a good mix for every game aspect so far. But there are so many ideas of new nightmares around...
You can define Symbol 1 Counts as a double hunt and Symbole 2 as 1-Power.
But there's no need to stopp with just creating nightmares.
Use only a couple of the "Empty Dreams" and create a "Lord of the nightmares" game mode, where a drawn "Empty Dream" can't be returned to the bag and the Symbols initiate game changing stuff. Maybe you can even kill nightmares with them?
Only imagination is the Limit.

I know, that's nothing for the people who want a finished, playtested, balanced additional nightmare for the game... but for myself it would be much more and I think with the creativity in the BGG community there will be a lot of interesting new ways the Play Lucidity.
And maybe the best of those ideas will get their own Add-On sometime...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Kelly
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Is this the real life?
badge
Is it just fantasy?
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I love the idea of a "Forge your own Dream" kit - and while it might not make it into this Kickstarter, I will have a think about how I am going to implement it for the next one (which uses the same dice, but different mechanics entirely). That way it can apply not just to this game mode, but also to the new game.

I am hoping that, in the meantime, the varying dice symbols will allow you to design your own dreams around the existing colours! Maybe even use the Bone Hunters dice to make your own expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schleer
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bone hunters are great to implement new mechanincs indeed
(Especially due to the "Shadowmark"!!!)

Of course I'm a little sad, that the "Forge your Dream"-Kit will stay a dream (at least during the Lucidity campaign), but I'm glad you generaly like the idea and Keep hope alive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.