Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea. In the long run you end up with the same amount of karma in stickers. It will probably just make the grind a bit easier in the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mark0414 wrote:
I understand that you have to grind the game multiple times in order to gain the karma for the higher cost stickers. Maybe this will work:

1. earn your first sticker, usually at 5 karma
2. earn your next sticker for your next 5 karma
3. you can keep both stickers or trade the two stickers (5 karma each) for one sticker worth 10 karma. If you do, remove the two stickers and put the 10 cost sticker
4. keep doing this by gaining 5 karma cost stickers
5. trade them for an equivalent higher cost karma sticker
6. you can get the 50 cost karma sticker by trading a total of 50 lower cost karma stickers you have on your character

I plan to stick the stickers on a thin card board (like an index card) and cut it. then just put a scotch tape at its back to stick it to the character card. that way, removing it is easier and it wont ruin the sticker nor the character card. it will allow re-usability of the stickers in case of a character reset.

Thoughts?

At 5 Karma you are identical to the way the game runs now.

At 10 (total) Karma, you are effectively doubling the Karmic Spend if you have two 5-point stickers, because you are not paying the +10 karma to open up slot 2.

Many of the 20 point stickers (at least in the expansion) are effectively two five point stickers in one slot.

20 = 5 + 5 + 10

Technically they should cost a bit more than 20 because you're consolidating slots (potentially freeing up space for a special action or function sticker).

Plus... as has been said many times before...

Karma is a measure of the Player, not the Character. You learn so much in the early life of the game, lessons that cannot be boiled down to a sticker that grants +1 starting card or an extra nuyen.

Embrace the early game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just keep track of the amount of earned Karma on my characters and take stickers up to that value at the start of each game/game-session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Max, I like the sound of that! Its simple and you can try out all the different skills. I will be sticking my stickers on card (or has someone already made up printable ones?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
therdfamily wrote:
Max, I like the sound of that! Its simple and you can try out all the different skills. I will be sticking my stickers on card (or has someone already made up printable ones?)

I stuck all my stickers on Legendary Dividers (card stock I guess?) and cut them out. There are a lot so I sorted them after cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therdfamily wrote:

You can always use printable character sheets: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/107591/shadowrun-crossfir...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.