Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb

just wanted to know for the spawn formula lets say there is 3 heroes and no monsters left on the board and you have to spawn (3 - 0) - 1 = 2? 0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrmillionaire wrote:

just wanted to know for the spawn formula lets say there is 3 heroes and no monsters left on the board and you have to spawn (3 - 0) - 1 = 2? 0?

The formula is different on different cards.

Are you asking how to compute the arithmetic value of (3-0)-1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb

(3-0) - 1 = 2

the rules say number of monsters - heroes which just didnt make sense since it be (0 - 3) - 1 = -2

it should be number of heroes - monsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kand Affar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
jrmillionaire wrote:

(3-0) - 1 = 2

the rules say number of monsters - heroes which just didnt make sense since it be (0 - 3) - 1 = -2

it should be number of heroes - monsters

I think you misread that. The rules say to subtract the enemies from the heroes. So yes, spawn 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, not sure how that got scrambled. The rules are not always super clear about everything, but this one is crystal. It's heroes minus monsters, sometimes minus another one or two. It never says monsters minus heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Just a language thing. It says somewhere "subtract monsters from heroes" - which is heroes minus monsters. But that may not have been obvious to a non-native speaker who is trying to grok a pretty involved system all at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Foulk
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On at least some of the cards it seems the more heroes the fewer spawns. This seems counterintuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
foulksy wrote:
On at least some of the cards it seems the more heroes the fewer spawns. This seems counterintuitive.
You are reading the algebra wrong. One of the incrementing variables is heroes.

Given equal board states, the third and fifth hero add 1 spawn each, and the fourth hero adds new shadows. If you kept the formula the same, the fourth hero would add a new spawn, hence it switches to a formula that spawns 1 less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Foulk
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized after I posted I was being dopey. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
foulksy wrote:
I realized after I posted I was being dopey. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.
Hey, as long as we can all poke fun at ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.