Subject: rule clarity question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lomberdia Games
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I have a few questions about the rules and some other issues.

1. the ally card, can you activate them as a free action or does activating them uses one of your 2 actions per turn limit? Also, how do you activate the ally cards? do you have to spend 1 movement to activate them or do you just do what the card says? Are ally once per turn?

2. same question but applied to equipment that can activated once per turn. do these count against the 2 actions per turn rule or are they free to use?

3. in the rules it says when monsters are spawned due to there being no monsters, the active player can choose which shrines does not spawn monsters. can the player simply decide to spawn 0 monsters? Maybe i'm reading the quick spawn rules variation.

4. whats the point of damage? i dont see anywhere it says how you can die. so wounds are basically an annoyance and nothing to worry too much about?

thank you for clearing these concerns up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lomberdia Games
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
thanks but do you have any suggestions for the other concerns? I guess I could just play assuming they are all free actions. that makes the game seem more fun anyway. just make them once per turn actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guesses:

Lomberdia wrote:
1. the ally card, can you activate them as a free action or does activating them uses one of your 2 actions per turn limit? Also, how do you activate the ally cards? do you have to spend 1 movement to activate them or do you just do what the card says? Are ally once per turn?
I have no idea. I am guessing that they are treated like equipment???

Lomberdia wrote:
2. same question but applied to equipment that can activated once per turn. do these count against the 2 actions per turn rule or are they free to use?
The rules talk about activating characters with actions. Equipment is just sort of used during an action and then kept/discarded when the action is over.

Lomberdia wrote:
3. in the rules it says when monsters are spawned due to there being no monsters, the active player can choose which shrines does not spawn monsters. can the player simply decide to spawn 0 monsters? Maybe i'm reading the quick spawn rules variation.
That one took me a minute to figure out. I think it just means that the active player chooses which shrines DO get monsters and remember it is 1 monster of each type, not one monster per shrine. So three total, active player chooses where they go.

Lomberdia wrote:
4. whats the point of damage? i dont see anywhere it says how you can die. so wounds are basically an annoyance and nothing to worry too much about?
No character death that I saw either. Just a nuisance factor (your action cards are useless until you heal. This is a modern dungeon crawler where you do not die! You win or lose. I was going to house rule that the game ends in player defeat if all characters have no wounding available all at the same time for "old times sake". Also note that monsters only die if you can "one-strike" them to death, wounds do not accumulate on monsters (no nibbling them to death by duck-bites.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fernandes
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lomberdia wrote:

Quote:
That one took me a minute to figure out. I think it just means that the active player chooses which shrines DO get monsters and remember it is 1 monster of each type, not one monster per shrine. So three total, active player chooses where they go.

I thought the rule was pretty clear for spawning, maybe I am misunderstanding. (there is a "quick spawn" rule? - I might have missed that)

My interpretation is:

When you flip the fate card to see which monsters move/activate, if there are no more of that type then "all" of the shrines of that monster type spawn, if there aren't enough tokens to spawn all of the shrines of that monster type (because players are hoarding them) then the active player decides which shrines spawn. Remember you also repopulate all treasure spaces too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G
msg tools
KevinFernandes wrote:
Lomberdia wrote:

Quote:

I thought the rule was pretty clear for spawning, maybe I am misunderstanding. (there is a "quick spawn" rule? - I might have missed that)

My interpretation is:

When you flip the fate card to see which monsters move/activate, if there are no more of that type then "all" of the shrines of that monster type spawn, if there aren't enough tokens to spawn all of the shrines of that monster type (because players are hoarding them) then the active player decides which shrines spawn. Remember you also repopulate all treasure spaces too.

Just want to add a point of clarification. Treasure spaces are only repopulated when the Fate deck is reshuffled in competitive games. In solo play, when the Fate deck is empty it's game over so the treasures are never repopulated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lomberdia Games
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
The quicker spawn rule is part of the deeper dungeon expansion rule booklet. Its the last page i believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.