One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Heroic dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heroic dice.
Do they ALWAYS substitute for any color dice?
Eg for spells which Are activated by blue with a certain value (such as chaotic aura), can heroic dice be used? Or for skills which require two yellow dice, cab heroic dice be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in both of those circumstances, they can. They sub for any color dice for any reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A related question I have about heroic dice.

When you create a heroic die out of a combination of two other dice, can you store that heroic die on your hero for a later use in another encounter, or must it be used then?

Or is storage of heroic dice only possible for those you create through heroic feats, and gain through skills and loot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magmaxtic wrote:
When you create a heroic die out of a combination of two other dice, can you store that heroic die on your hero for a later use in another encounter, or must it be used then?

You must use it then and cannot store it for another encounter.

magmaxtic wrote:
Or is storage of heroic dice only possible for those you create through heroic feats, and gain through skills and loot?

You can store only the heroic dice that you get from heroic feats.

Heroic dice that come from skills, spells, and potions must be used in the current encounter. (Not sure what you mean by heroic dice gained through loot.)

The one case in which you cannot use heroic dice as wild dice is for the Heroism potion: "Change two of your non-heroic dice to be 6s."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying. We're only learning the rules so far. We've yet to play our first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
Yes, in both of those circumstances, they can. They sub for any color dice for any reason.

1. So if a skill requires a die of a certain color (and there is no specified number), than ANY two dice can be traded for a heroic die (if one is available) and used, correct? (Because even if both dice are 1, they could get a heroic1)...

2. If a spell/skill changes a Yellow4 to a Yellow 6 (or something similar -- I don't have the deck in front of me now), can it be used to change a HEROIC4 to a YELLOW6? And if so, does this only work if there is a YELLOW die available, or could it work by becoming a HEROIC6 which could then only be used as substitute for yellow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
Frank Overwood wrote:

1. So if a skill requires a die of a certain color (and there is no specified number), than ANY two dice can be traded for a heroic die (if one is available) and used, correct? (Because even if both dice are 1, they could get a heroic1)...

Yes, you can use a heroic die you've created as a prerequisite for a skill.

26halo26 wrote:
2. If a spell/skill changes a Yellow4 to a Yellow 6 (or something similar -- I don't have the deck in front of me now), can it be used to change a HEROIC4 to a YELLOW6? And if so, does this only work if there is a YELLOW die available, or could it work by becoming a HEROIC6 which could then only be used as substitute for yellow?

If you have that skill, you can turn a Black 4 into a Yellow 6, but you can't turn it into a Black 6...you must have a yellow die available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
If a spell/skill changes a Yellow4 to a Yellow 6 (or something similar -- I don't have the deck in front of me now), can it be used to change a HEROIC4 to a YELLOW6? And if so, does this only work if there is a YELLOW die available, or could it work by becoming a HEROIC6 which could then only be used as substitute for yellow?

I don't think that there is any such skill anymore.

In v1.0, Brute Force let you change Yellow 5's to Yellow 6's.

But with v1.5, Brute Force is now "Discard any number of value 5 dice. Gain
that many yellow 6's."

Obviously, you can use a heroic 5 for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I agree that black dice can be used to pay costs.

The one thing I'd want to check is the Archer's ability to increase a yellow die by one. That ability is dependant on the die being a target, rather than a cost. As such, I don't know if you'd be able to target a black die with that. I don't think you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruduen wrote:
The one thing I'd want to check is the Archer's ability to increase a yellow die by one. That ability is dependant on the die being a target, rather than a cost. As such, I don't know if you'd be able to target a black die with that. I don't think you can.

You plainly can't change a Black 4 to a Black 5 using that ability, but I'd be inclined to allow a Black 4 to become a Yellow 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
Ruduen wrote:

You plainly can't change a Black 4 to a Black 5 using that ability, but I'd be inclined to allow a Black 4 to become a Yellow 5.

Any official ruling on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
edit: deleted, had the wrong skill name

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Taylor
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
Wellington
flag msg tools
Lol
badge
Wut
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
You can't change a black die using cleave.

I think they were talking about the Archer's 2P skill, 'Combined Shot'?

Cleave: Spend a strength die, Increase up to four of your dice by 1 each.

Combined Shot: Free, Increase one of your partner's strength dice by one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
You can't change a black die using cleave.

Why not?

Cleave says "Increase up to four of your dice by 1 each."

Cleave does have Heroism's exclusion ("Change two of your non-heroic dice to be 6s").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, yes, you cannot increase a black die using Combined Shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the reference for this please:

"You can store only the heroic dice that you get from heroic feats.

Heroic dice that come from skills, spells, and potions must be used in the current encounter. "

?

gillum wrote:
magmaxtic wrote:

You must use it then and cannot store it for another encounter.

magmaxtic wrote:

You can store only the heroic dice that you get from heroic feats.

Heroic dice that come from skills, spells, and potions must be used in the current encounter. (Not sure what you mean by heroic dice gained through loot.)

The one case in which you cannot use heroic dice as wild dice is for the Heroism potion: "Change two of your non-heroic dice to be 6s."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.