Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the game provides an alternate use for SG cards in a solo game; however, I'm wondering if anyone else just removes these cards prior to playing solo.

I don't ever plan on playing this game multiplayer and feel that having the cards removed and not having to worry about them during play is the easiest route to go. If anything I would think that it should make the game a bit more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it would make the game more difficult in some situations. They weren't in EP, so obviously I use to play without them when I had that edition of the game but I play with them now. I don't find it complicated and it mitigates against the rare (but experienced) occasion where all your carcasses are eliminated from your hand early on.

I don't often end up exploiting the stomping grounds effect but I value having the flexibility that it provides in terms of alternative tactics mid-game, there by increasing the difference (replayability?) between games$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some Minions/Predators/Menaces/whatever that eliminate prey cards from the Trail. Combine that with a bad event or two and a lot of the prey can get eliminated before you even get a chance to hunt them. The Stomping Grounds cards let you rescue these prey from the Elimination Pile which is helpful for both evolving and VPs. So they come in handy sometimes, but not always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Even without the "stomping grounds" effect, many of these cards are either better than comparable cards in the apex deck, more flexible/versatile, or create new synergies that were only half baked in the core set. But I most appreciate the expansion of choices in both apex deck construction and things to do on the Game Trail.

chuft wrote:
There are some Minions/Predators/Menaces/whatever that eliminate prey cards from the Trail. Combine that with a bad event or two and a lot of the prey can get eliminated before you even get a chance to hunt them. The Stomping Grounds cards let you rescue these prey from the Elimination Pile which is helpful for both evolving and VPs. So they come in handy sometimes, but not always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
I use everything in the game whenever possible and play mostly solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
I use everything in the game whenever possible and play mostly solo.

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Moore
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have kept it out (my proxy anyway, still looking to buy that EP expansion pack and Rexenator) of all my solo games so far. It made little sense to have an Environment card that did nothing. At least the others give me a choice (such as taking an Alert card) and I can choose for nothing to happen.

However, I think I will be adding it. I am tired of getting whooped by Locust Swarm with other irritating Environment cards. Although, without it I have a number of Environment cards divisible by 7, making it efficient for going through the whole stack every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.