Origin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Innovation tiles question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Brett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When an innovation tile gets drawn that has no legal placement for the player (eg. at the start of the game when the player has no innovation tiles out, and for their first move the end up with a level 3 innovation), what happens to that drawn tile?

Does it go back on the space on the rewards board? Or does it join the tile reserve with a new tile to replace it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused by your question as you would never take an Innovation tile that you couldn't use. During setup, if there are not
at least 3 level-1 tokens on the board, you would continue to replace Innovation tiles from the board back into the supply with a new one from the supply until there are at least 3 level-1 tokens. The unused tiles are kept face-down in a pile to the side of the board.

You're never drawing Innovation tiles randomly during the game to your play area. They come from the face-up columns on the Rewards board.

Again, I don't know if I'm entirely getting your question, but if there are no legal Innovation tiles you can take (option A) then you draw csrds (option B).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Brett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for your reply. I've only just got the game, haven't played it yet.

From the rules I understood that innovation tiles were arranged randomly and face down on the appropriate spaces of the rewards board. So that you don't know what you'll get until you flip it over.

I believe I have a grasp on the idea now: face up tiles placed randomly, so there may or may not be level 1 innovation tiles available, but a player can see this and choose their action phase accordingly.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for hijacking the thread but it seemed more relevant to put this question here rather than creating another thread.

If you land on a brown place on the map you can either draw 2 innovation tiles from the brown column or 1 from elsewhere. If there was only 1 tile you could take from the brown section and you wanted it, could you opt to just take 1 from there instead of 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Brett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wizpop wrote:
Sorry for hijacking the thread but it seemed more relevant to put this question here rather than creating another thread.

If you land on a brown place on the map you can either draw 2 innovation tiles from the brown column or 1 from elsewhere. If there was only 1 tile you could take from the brown section and you wanted it, could you opt to just take 1 from there instead of 2?

Pretty sure that's ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. That's what I will do thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.