5 Posts

Quartermaster General: 1914» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drafting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Braude
msg tools
mbmbmb
If a card effect tells me to draft, does the card drafted have to be a build card, or if not specified can it be any card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going from memory here, but I can't think of any one card that tells you to draft without specifying what. Do you have a specific example in mind?

In general, I'd say that drafting is limited to Build cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Braude
msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a French one, I don't remember it's name, that tells you to draft a French card without any other specifics or restrictions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I think I've found it. It's Citizen Soldiers.

Citizen Soldiers wrote:
Use when you draft a French card. You may immediately prepare that card.

Indeed, it does not specify the type of card that is drafted. Now, normally, you can only draft Build cards; however, there is another French status card called Barès Expands Armée de l'Air, which allows you to draft Land Battles.

I'd say the combo works. If you've got both Barès and Citizen Soldiers on the table, then I believe you can draft a Land Battle and immediately prepare it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drafting is always a build except when the rules specify the card you take, like Barès Expands Armée de l'Air.

Yes, if you've got both Barès and Citizen Soldiers on the table, you can draft a Land Battle and immediately prepare it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.