Hide
3 Posts

Sword and Sail» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fleet movement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
morphles morphles
msg tools
So played one game of my "rough first edition" (with some "mods", like attack 1 action) to get the feel of game. Was wondering about couple aspects of a game:

fleet movement - Now rules do not state any exceptions to fleet movement, so it seems fleet can move anywhere, even inland. Somehow this seems a bit not proper to me, would think fleet should only move to water and coastal lands, possibly even limiting movement by shores like in diplomacy, so you could not cross itally with fleet without going around. Not sure how that would impact game, anyone though/tried such things?

crossing the narrows - from map it would seem that say gibraltar can not be crossed by army, but maybe some narrows should be crossable by armies?

Of course this suggestions/ideas might make little sense, as I only played 1 game so far, still maybe someon has some input?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the intent is more like the US Marine Corp - capable of operation on land OR sea.

Rules support that. I suppose the limited number of Voyage cards reduce the 'power' since they will be less common than normal units.

No reason you couldn't take a Voyage card out or otherwise 'house rule' the game.

(note to self, get your S&S to the table)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Land armies move land area to land area only, Naval armies can move anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.