Hide
4 Posts

Mag·Blast (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Someone explain me if this is possible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Saulius Zentilis
msg tools
1. Can you use a minefield to prevent your opponent from using fighter squadrons to defend?
2. Can you use a temporal flux against a temporal flux
Sorry for sppeling mistakes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sauliusm1 wrote:
1. Can you use a minefield to prevent your opponent from using fighter squadrons to defend?

Rulebook, defending against squadrons, section 3: Defending fleets that have carriers may launch fighters into any zone to counter enemy squadrons.
Minefield: Play on any fleet. Until the beginning of your next turn, ships in that fleet cannot maneuver, fire BLASTS, or launch SQUADRONS.

EDIT: As Pierre correctly points out, a minefield applies to all zones. Thus, a minefield prevents a player from defending from defending with fighters. I'm leaving my original reply, just in case anyone is interested in playing the game "the wrong way".

Yes, you can use a minefield to prevent your opponent from defending. A few notes:

- You do so by blocking the defender's carriers with a minefield.
- All of the defender's carriers must be blocked by a minefield.
- Once launched, fighters can defend all zones, including the one with the minefield.

Sauliusm1 wrote:
2. Can you use a temporal flux against a temporal flux

Temporal Flux: Any turn: Play at any time to cancel any Action card just played by an opponent. SQUADRONS cancelled in this way are discarded.

Yes, you can. There's nothing preventing you from doing so. Many games have exceptions regarding cancelling cancels, but this one doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
Haute-Savoie, Rhône-Alpes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minefields only affect one quadrant? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
pmiranda wrote:
Minefields only affect one quadrant? surprise

Actually, I've always played it like that but, checking the rulebook, you are right: a fleet is composed by all of the player's ships, not just a single zone.

That said, I did play this game a lot back in the day, and placing minefields and asteroids in zones allowed for some interesting maneuvres. Thus, I stand corrected but, personally, I'm going to keep playing minefields and asteroids as I've always done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.