5 Posts

The Walking Dead: All Out War» Forums » Rules

Subject: SPLIT COMBATS...I didn't get it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iting Lin
Taiwan
flag msg tools
SPLIT COMBATS is so complex..how do you guys teach other people about this rule?The rule say..."This must result in a melee with only one
model on one or both of the sides."

So,in a 3 Survivor V 4 Survivor situation,and contact with eacher,how do I split? 1v1 + 1v1 + 1v2? then the "2" don't match the rule say "This must result in a melee with only one
model on one or both of the sides."

Or it mean...as much as you can to create a "one model on one"situation

Or the only thing I should care is the core rule "This rule cannot be used to take a Survivor out of melee altogether – if a model is engaged, it must fight!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Both
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to split the combatants into as many pairs as possible with nobody left out; that's the best way to think about it, I think.

You can only split off those who are in contact with each other. For example, if a survivor is only in contact with one enemy, that's the one it has to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DaveB
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1v2 does match the rule saying "This must result in a melee with only one model on one (or both of the) side(s)." So you are doing it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of read it as the survivors don't like each other, but with zombies, they'd rather fight them off first so they don't turn
I guess a mutual enemy to pause on their fighting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Jacobs

Kentucky
msg tools
mb
2 V 2 is really 2 separate 1 V 1s. But with an odd number, someone's gotta fight two people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.