Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

Just received my copy yesterday night, and simply it is awesome!! Thumbs up (both hand and feet thumbs) for DVG for such an amazing game! I thought it would be similar to Phantom Leader Deluxe and Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations(both of which I already have) and in fact the core rules are the same, but has some condition and elements on it as to make it definitively a different game.

Now I have my first question about this superb game: The Avro Ansom and AT-6 Texan supposedly are bombers (from the 1948 scenario I assume), and as per rules bombers do not attack your planes...However the Ansom has in brackets the numbers [7/10/-] while the AT-6 shows [8/10/-], so my question is: what those numbers mean? I checked through the rules book twice and did not find any clue about...There is a third bomber, the Ilyushin IL-14 but this one has on brackets [-/-/-] so believe it's obvious these have no offensive capability at all.

I'm wondering if could be some sort of 'defensive' fire (like B-17 bomber included in the 1948 scenario), but rather prefer to know exactly what it is for...

As usual, your wisdom and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct! Just like your B-17s with their attack numbers [in brackets]. It means those enemy bombers do not attack you, but if you shoot at them, they can fire back first with those attack numbers.

I'm glad you like it so much! Have you tried using any of the Skills?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much for the kind reply.

No, I didn't have a chance to play the game yesterday night, but I'm planning on couple of sessions during this long weekend(I got Monday off at my office).

For sure will try the skills, seems a very interesting idea to add some 'spice' into the game.

Thanks DVG for such a gem of a game!!

Regards,

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Konczal
msg tools
If you attack those aircraft, they get a defensive fires at you before you fire per your answer. Do you get to suppress or evade that defensive fire before your attack? Love the game. Doing the 1956 campaign now and struggling for an adequate victory.
Thanks
Tom Konczal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you go after Target 48? Or play it safe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.