Subject: First boat placement on a turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois Tremblay
Canada
Dieppe
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I love this game but seems every tine play i didnt understand a rule. So on the 1st boat placed on your turn can you place a matching color boat next to ANY boat of the same color or it has to be on the last boat played by the previous turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ANY boat of the same colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its ANY boat of the same colour ANYWHERE on the board, and your other boats that you place that turn have to be part of the same path as where you started (ie. You cant place a boat on one side of the board then your second boat on another part of the board.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Ruhlman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if placing in a spot adjacent to two ships of different colors, does the first boat placed have to match one ship color or both? (in which case it wouldn't be able to be placed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Archer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rruhlman217 wrote:
if placing in a spot adjacent to two ships of different colors, does the first boat placed have to match one ship color or both? (in which case it wouldn't be able to be placed.)

Does not have to match both, only has to match one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I painted some of my boats two different colours to resolve this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Mason
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
We would be honored if you would join us.
mbmbmbmbmb
jwerk wrote:
rruhlman217 wrote:

Does not have to match both, only has to match one

But what if you have 2 boats to place? If you have a empty space with a boat on each side, and you place your boat there (matching one of the colors) where do you place your second boat? There are many times you wont have a legal placement to make a chain of boats, so do you just keep it on your player board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure where u are confused. If i use your example where i have a boat, then an empty space, and theres another boat on the other side of that empty space then it would go like this...

I put my first boat down the n between the two boats onto the empty space. This boat i put down would have to match ome of the two boats that were already there.

Now my second boat is going to be added onto the boat i JUST played and it can be any cour i want.

If we use your example of having a situation where there are boats on either side of an empty space, this can only mean that this empty space falls on a straight line, therefore you would only be able to place one boat which would then connect all three in a row...

Or the other possibility is that this empty space will be at an intersection with 3 spaces around this point, meaning that there could be two boats on two sides of the space, and there is one remaining direction to add on to.

In my mind this makes perfect sense! I hope i explained it properly and didnt confuse the hell out of u! Look at the board to see what i mean. I think that all spots on the board (excluding the spots that form the edge) will either be surrounded by two or three other empty spots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.