Jason Hawthorne
United States
Freedom
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
In town, you can buy a stagecoach an various horses that give you a benefit during travel events.

Lets say the party bought a stagecoach and traveled to a mine. They explore and find a gate to the blasted wastes.

At the end of the adventure, you have the option of going back to an old west town or travelling to a blasted wastes town. We choose to go to the blasted wastes town.

So the question is, do we have access to the stagecoach in the blasted wastes? (and future release, feudal Japan)?

thematically it doesn't make sense because we would have to have dragged the stagecoach through the mine tunnels and through the gate to be able to use it in the wastes, but I don't see any reason why not mechanically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would vote no as the mounts and such are outside the mine where you entered...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechanically, No, because the mounts and coach are left outside the mine at the start of the adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, *mechanically* Yes. Transport items affect the travel phase of the adventure, which happens regardless of which town you go to. Unless there's some wording in the Blasted Wastes travel chart (I don't have it yet) that says "Items with keyword 'Transport' may not be used during travel to the Blasted Wastes Town," you can absolutely use them.

Thematically, I get the disconnect. It's weird to imagine you dragged your stagecoach through the mines and into another world. If you wanted to house rule that you couldn't use transport to go to the blasted wastes town, that would seem reasonable (as long as you're okay with the idea that you're making life harder on yourself)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like one of those "it's not that kind of game" problems, and it boils down to whether you want to use what's in the game box or some fan variant like Hexcrawl.

The value of transports (along with the Otherworld towns) goes down drastically if you lose your transportation every time you switch between the two.

I suppose if you wanted to split the difference, you could say no to the Stage Coach, but it's waiting for the posse once they return back to the mines. You could also house rule that while you're in the Blasted Lands, you're allowed to buy transportation in that world, so the limit 1 transport becomes limit 1 transport per world.

I'll go ahead and FAQ it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is worth repeating. Long ago during the development of the Jargono Village headed by Klutz I jokingly asked what the horses we left outside of the Mine entrance were doing while we stayed in the Jargono Village.

Some one posted this:

Also worth repeating I think is this line from the Mystery Science Theater 3000 theme song.

"If you wonder how they eat and sleep and other science facts, just repeat to yourself that it's just a show, you really should relax."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garen LiLorian wrote:
Well, *mechanically* Yes. Transport items affect the travel phase of the adventure, which happens regardless of which town you go to. Unless there's some wording in the Blasted Wastes travel chart (I don't have it yet) that says "Items with keyword 'Transport' may not be used during travel to the Blasted Wastes Town," you can absolutely use them.

Thematically, I get the disconnect. It's weird to imagine you dragged your stagecoach through the mines and into another world. If you wanted to house rule that you couldn't use transport to go to the blasted wastes town, that would seem reasonable (as long as you're okay with the idea that you're making life harder on yourself)

^^ This.

Technically, there is nothing in the rules that prevents the use of purchased transports in multiple worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason La Mar
United States
hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey perhaps you have darkstone horseshoes so your mount can make a gate and travel through
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
You just shove them into the (not mentioned) equivalent to the scout case for transports when you go delving? Kind of like the infinitely large pouch to hold darkstone and gold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they're in Pokeballs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
+1000

That no one commented with the word Realism

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think this is worth repeating. Long ago during the development of the Jargono Village headed by Klutz I jokingly asked what the horses we left outside of the Mine entrance were doing while we stayed in the Jargono Village.

Some one posted this:

I'm surprised there wasn't a question about whether the horses acquired Unwanted Attention markers if they won the poker game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
I'd say it's just like the old movies where the heroes come out of wherever they've been and the horses just happen to be waiting right there.

Like the luggage in the diskworld novels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.