Subject: Enhancement Field (Tinkerer) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Edgecomb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bottom of Enhancement Field has the following aura:

"You and all adjacent allies add +1 Attack to all your attacks this round."

When does the aura take effect? Is it after the tinkerer activates or is active the entire round (as soon as the round starts)? As a 61 initiative card, it would seem kind of useless (in my group at least) if it activates when the tinkerer's turn starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
cashmonee wrote:
The bottom of Enhancement Field has the following aura:

"You and all adjacent allies add +1 Attack to all your attacks this round."

When does the aura take effect? Is it after the tinkerer activates or is active the entire round (as soon as the round starts)? As a 61 initiative card, it would seem kind of useless (in my group at least) if it activates when the tinkerer's turn starts.

It activates when the Tinkerer's turn starts.
So, it's better to pair it with a high-initiative (low-number) card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Edgecomb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought. It makes it a tough to use card in my group (Scoundrel, Spellweaver, Brute) because many of them end up activating early in the round, especially the Scoundrel and Spellweaver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cashmonee wrote:
As a 61 initiative card, it would seem kind of useless (in my group at least) if it activates when the tinkerer's turn starts.

The SW has buffs that have init's around 80 (shield 2 or retaliate). That forces me to keep a level init 07 card even at level 7, so that I can get those off if needed. I also have ...

Prosperity Level 2 item:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Boots of Speed, which lets me reduce (or increase) my init by 10. So even my init 26 card to pair with it has a good chance of working. Though for those cards I normally try to keep the init card under 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Bauer
msg tools
Hi,

bin recht neu in Gloomhaven und hätte eine Frage zu der Karte. Ich gehe mal davon aus das man den buff nur dann bekommt wenn man benachbart vom Tinkerer einen Angriff durchführt? Würde also nicht funktionieren wenn ein Nahkämpfer sich vom Tinkerer weg bewegt und dann einen Angriff durchführt, obwohl der buff vorher schon ausgespielt wurde?

Verzeiht, bin recht schlecht in Englisch schreiben xP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.