Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I was playing Oh My Goods! at a local meetup when one of my opponents spilled a soda all over the table, soaking half the deck. The cards don't have a linen finish and a lot of them absorbed a decent amount of liquid, enough that there are at least 4-5 cards that I would consider to be ruined. As a result, I bought another copy of the game.

However, about 75% of the cards came through this relatively unscathed. If I added them to my new set to create a deck of about 180+ cards (to reduce the amount of shuffling I have to do in this game), would that affect the competitive balance whatsoever? Or would I have to remove an equal number of the same color/price/victory point cards to balance things out?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on which cards you add in an in what ratio.

There are more green/wood cards in the mix, so if you add more red/black/yellow/white in from the other set, then it would throw the mix off quite a bit. That's why some buildings that use wood (or a higher amount of wood) cost much more cash to build.

So, technically, if you can count out and find the ratio of green to the other colors and add those in with the same ratio, it might be possible without hurting too much.

But then it also wouldn't fit in the box.

Myself, I wouldn't do it. My $0.02.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can add these cards, but of course there will be a small change in the ratio, which I think you will not feel.
Another possibility would be: Wait for the expansion, Mayfair is almost done with printing. Than you also have to shuffle less. With 2 decks don't add the expansion (or otherwise 2 expansions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.