Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: The Unspeakable Oath - Second Carcosa Mythos Pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/30/the-uns...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The AH TCG equivalent of the LOTR LCG cards A Test of Will and effectively Steward Of Gondor. Luckily this time around both are much more costly to play so they aren't straight up auto includes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
True.

that test of will has exp cost. and the other needs to be exiled.

and those steward of gondors wannabes occupy the ally slot, which is quite hard to auto include because of those many ally campaign cards.

The auto includes for sure are still 2x Charismas.

Charles Ross, Esq. is interesting though, a mana dork that can help others play their items. I am thinking jenny can have this and will help guardian teammates.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Anyone know the total amount of mythos packs for Path to Carcosa there will be? I think it is Deluxe Expansion + 3 mythos packs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just really appreciate that they are giving a large variety of econ accelerator cards.

That ally slot is so hard and it's getting harder. I do really appreciate that the most significant assistance you can get in this game ends up being another living creature be it animal, human... or whatever that dude is with the red gloves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe + 6 Mythos packs make a cycle.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
Deluxe + 6 Mythos packs make a cycle.


Thanks! Excited to know that there so much content for this Act
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear FFG has given us the expectation that all cycles will be a deluxe plus 6 mythos packs. That was the model for LOTR LCG as well. That means we can expect around 8 scenarios per campaign (with more if you add standalone scenarios to your campaign).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
It is odd that Charles Ross' ability doesn't limit the discount to the current term or until he is readied. As written it seems like you should be able to get multiple discounts on a single play by using him over a couple of rounds or an ability that lets you ready him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hpark1990 wrote:
Anyone know the total amount of mythos packs for Path to Carcosa there will be? I think it is Deluxe Expansion + 3 mythos packs.


Six "booster" packs is standardized across all LCG products: Star Wars, LOTR, Game of Thrones, etc.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brunowolff wrote:
It is odd that Charles Ross' ability doesn't limit the discount to the current term or until he is readied. As written it seems like you should be able to get multiple discounts on a single play by using him over a couple of rounds or an ability that lets you ready him.

You're right, it only says "the next Item asset played...at your location". Technically, it doesn't even say the location that you're in at the time you exhaust him. Conversely, you could read it as the next Item played at the location you're at now, whether or not you're still there when the Item is played.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Törneke
Sweden
Hägersten
Stockholm
flag msg tools
They are still flagging this as a Q3 release. Seems strange...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BraidsMamma wrote:
They are still flagging this as a Q3 release. Seems strange...


Why? Are they not on schedule? With Lost in Time and Space due out very soon, and this being the 3rd release after that, it's not unrealistic for it to be out in just under 3 months?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BraidsMamma wrote:
They are still flagging this as a Q3 release. Seems strange...


Lost in Time and Space in July (next week to be exact).
Path to Carcosa in August.
Echoes of the Past in September.
The Unspeakable Oath in October.

Considering they tend to come out the first week of every month, the first week of October is close enough to 3rd Quarter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Törneke
Sweden
Hägersten
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Well, might be close to Q3 but october is still Q4 so why not flag it as early Q4?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BraidsMamma wrote:
Well, might be close to Q3 but october is still Q4 so why not flag it as early Q4?


It's probably just an honest mistake/typo. I'm not going to get stressed about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it possible they'll gain a week somewhere?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
brunowolff wrote:
It is odd that Charles Ross' ability doesn't limit the discount to the current term or until he is readied. As written it seems like you should be able to get multiple discounts on a single play by using him over a couple of rounds or an ability that lets you ready him.

You're right, it only says "the next Item asset played...at your location". Technically, it doesn't even say the location that you're in at the time you exhaust him. Conversely, you could read it as the next Item played at the location you're at now, whether or not you're still there when the Item is played.


pretty sure "your" is defined on page 22 of the RRG. So it's pretty clear that they mean your character's portrait's location. (regardless of when you triggered it). But yeah as the other poster pointed out... almost an auto-include for Ashcan Pete as he can trigger it multiple times
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
viresium wrote:
Isn't it possible they'll gain a week somewhere?

If they're coming out every four weeks rather than every month they will gain a week every three months.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, now that I think about it, do we know that Path to Carcosa is coming in August? How do we know that there won't be another stand-alone scenario in between Dunwich Legacy and Path to Carcosa?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it, do we know that Path to Carcosa is coming in August? How do we know that there won't be another stand-alone scenario in between Dunwich Legacy and Path to Carcosa?

We have the Gencon standalone pack.
https://www.gencon.com/events/111678
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it, do we know that Path to Carcosa is coming in August? How do we know that there won't be another stand-alone scenario in between Dunwich Legacy and Path to Carcosa?

We have the Gencon standalone pack.
https://www.gencon.com/events/111678

Do we know that that's a pack that will be sold and not just an event?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be made available for retail, but it will take weeks. They do the same with LotR.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But will a standalone pack like that (from an Event) take up a 'slot' in their release cycle or will it just be released alongside/in between the usual release schedule?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I guess we'll find out when next month comes along.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.