Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi every one.
On some HD tactic cards, some have at the bottom "if wear<laps" (sorry, don't have the cards handy to say wich one). In this case, do "laps" refer to the amount of laps left to complete in the race (ie 1 if last lap), or the total of laps you agreed on at the start?

Thanks in advance for an answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Schulz
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Laps in this case refers to the total laps the race is scheduled for. So in a 3-lap race Laps = 3 even if this is the first or last lap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Thanks a lot. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An other question came up yesterday;

On a different strategie card (I believe it is Front A, first choice for Senna), one strategie is if 3/3rd or w<=2(laps), and the last strategie is only if w<=2(laps).
Which one should he use? Is the last one only meant to be if w<=2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Schulz
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
steph4669 wrote:
An other question came up yesterday;

On a different strategie card (I believe it is Front A, first choice for Senna), one strategie is if 3/3rd or w<=2(laps), and the last strategie is only if w<=2(laps).
Which one should he use? Is the last one only meant to be if w<=2?

Always spend 1 corner on each strategy... so if the driver moved to the 4th phase because w<=w 2(laps) stay there in phase 4 for this corner, then move to phase 5 after the next corner.

If the driver moved to phase 4 due to being in the last 3rd of the race, stay there until w <= 2 (laps).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucidphoenix wrote:
Always spend 1 corner on each strategy... so if the driver moved to the 4th phase because w<=w 2(laps) stay there in phase 4 for this corner, then move to phase 5 after the next corner.

If the driver moved to phase 4 due to being in the last 3rd of the race, stay there until w <= 2 (laps).

Relating to 'Always spend 1 corner on each strategy', I seem to recall a race (but not the specifics) where a driver was on strategy 3. After that turn the driver met the criteria for strategy 5, but not for strategy 4, so I never used strategy 4. This sounds like I should have moved from 3 to 4 for a turn before changing to 5, even though I did not meet the criteria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Schulz
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Targanth wrote:
Relating to 'Always spend 1 corner on each strategy', I seem to recall a race (but not the specifics) where a driver was on strategy 3. After that turn the driver met the criteria for strategy 5, but not for strategy 4, so I never used strategy 4. This sounds like I should have moved from 3 to 4 for a turn before changing to 5, even though I did not meet the criteria.

Never look ahead!

Only ever compare your situation to the conditions to move to the next phase, not any further on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucidphoenix wrote:
Never look ahead!

Only ever compare your situation to the conditions to move to the next phase, not any further on.

Oh my! Sounds like we'll have to restart our championship from scratch (racing 3 laps, 2p & 6HDs in a 5 races).
Oh well, at least it is clear now, thanks Douglas Schulz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Schulz
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
steph4669 wrote:
Oh my! Sounds like we'll have to restart our championship from scratch (racing 3 laps, 2p & 6HDs in a 5 races).
Oh well, at least it is clear now, thanks

I make mistakes all the time... I'm pretty sure I forgot to flip Jackie Stewart's strategy card one race in my solo series this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.