Subject: Anyone try using Campaigns in Multiplayer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Dalton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I understand Campaigns are for solo play but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it multiplayer. I'm thinking of trying it out with my wife but wanted to know if anyone has tried pieces of solo play in at least 2 player variant and see what kind of snags I might hit. I just like the idea of having upgrades across games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a solo game with two of my friends a few days ago and they asked the exact same question. What would be a good variant where you play two or three player ships versus the NPCs using a modification of the solo rules?

Persoanlly I think you could simply play the game using Normal difficulty solo rules and multiple player ships and whenever NPC behavior refers to "the player" it refers to the closest player ship that meets the criteria. So a Bully Scoundrel for instance always targets the closest Tier 1 or Tier 2 player ship. Really in terms of NPCs this is very, very similar to the normal game where all the NPCs happen to have the Usual Suspect behavior. The main things that would change would be the NPC stats would upgrade halfway through the game and the NPCs would be basically a timer on the game that would mean if the players didn't keep pace the NPCs would win.

The neat thing though is that since this variant is semi-cooperative that means its also somewhat self-balancing. If the NPCs are in the lead the players will tend to fight the NPCs more as a group and fight each other less to keep the NPCs in check. And if the NPCs aren't enough of a threat then that would encourage players who aren't in the lead to gang up on the player that is in the lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.