One Deck Dungeon» Forums » General

Subject: Difficult?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
mbmb
I bought this game last week and played 3 times (solo). The first time I lost almost immediately. The second time I've lost at the end of the first level. Now I've lost at the beginning of the second level of the easiest dungeon.
Is the game supposed to be this difficult or I just suck?
I try to take challenges I can afford, but it seems I'm missing something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not find it that difficult. My first character was the Paladin, she completed each dungeon on her first or second try. Warrior is pretty strong as well and Caliana is just stupidly powerful. I have no experience with the other characters from solo, just from co-op wich I find a bit more difficult than solo.

It's all about making the most of your feat and picking up big skills early then making sure you find the combos between those skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be difficult, I've won twice and lost several times. It's a solitaire challenge where the final boss amps up the difficulty degree.

Good luck, it is beatable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakethesniper wrote:
I bought this game last week and played 3 times (solo). The first time I lost almost immediately. The second time I've lost at the end of the first level. Now I've lost at the beginning of the second level of the easiest dungeon.
Is the game supposed to be this difficult or I just suck?
I try to take challenges I can afford, but it seems I'm missing something

Go through the rules again - my first few plays I was hurting myself by misunderstanding discards due to passage of time as well as how and when you can use the heroic dice.

I also suggest trying two heroes while using the "1P" face for them - gives you a bit of skill padding and an easier challenge as you are learning the mechanics of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It is difficult, yes. The roll of the die can kill you straight out, especially getting started out. Play the campaign; you get XP towards that even for losing and it will help even out the difficulty level. Also, the Warrior is the easiest character to play for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
mbmb
amyotheramy wrote:
It is difficult, yes. The roll of the die can kill you straight out, especially getting started out. Play the campaign; you get XP towards that even for losing and it will help even out the difficulty level. Also, the Warrior is the easiest character to play for me.

Playing the campaign right now (to test my handmade dice tray too!) and I'm not at floor 3! I noticed I've made a mistake in the beginning with the Eagle Eye feat, I didn't discard one of the results, only happened in one single encounter so I didn't start over, but aside from that I think I'm playing correctly and this time is going great! Now I'm paranoid I'm playing wrong lol
Like, every combat encounter I'm using the valor skill for a free black die, I guess that's correct?

edit: woo! Beat the dragon! First time I win a game! The ending was pretty good, I needed a yellow 6 to deal the last 2 damage to kill it, I used Lucky Familiar and BAM a 6! I screamed, lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.