Subject: Livestock on houses and a misleading phrase in the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to my understanding sheep and cattle can be used like normal red goods for everything - upgrading them, placing them on the feast table and placing them in houses. I have seen confirmation for the first 2 in the faq and the forums. I haven't seen anyone mention the option of placing them in houses. I guess it's a relatively inefficient option but I see no reason it wouldn't be possible.

Which leads to the question - are they still worth points while in the house? This is not mentioned in the sheep/cattle scoring while in the scoring for the English crown it is mentioned specifically you score for it no matter if it is in the supply or a board.

Also do sheep/cattle in a house count for breeding? Can they get pregnant?

Another thing - not exactly a rules question as I am pretty sure of they answer - the description of the "smithy" action on page 15 of the rulebook says:

Jewelry tiles show a forge tongs symbol...
...as well as all of the special tiles

Clearly not all of the special tiles have a forge tongs symbol, just the ones at the lower left + the crucifix so this sentence is misleading. My version is apparently one in which they fixed the errata that is downloadable here on BGG, unfortunately this apparently slipped. Another thing that should have been done IMO is something (even an extra slip of paper) to draw attention to the fact the crucifix has forge tongs - I didn't notice it today when I played for the first time and only noticed it later when I saw people mentioning it online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh
well that's one way to solve it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Best. Thread. Ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
boomtron wrote:
They don't fit.

Oink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Chunko wrote:
boomtron wrote:
They don't fit.

Oink.

Quiet, you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Stankowski
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:
boomtron wrote:
They don't fit.

Oink.

Quiet, you.

ninja ninja ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.