Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Meertens
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
You gotta hang on to the trip you're on
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hometown section of the rules is very unclear to me.
How is a hometown defined "Hometown of Scribes" for example? You place your house on one of the nine spots, not on the action tiles describing those actions, right? So how do you tell?

Furthermore you should place a cube if you use a hometown ability so you cannot use it again this round. Can other players still use it? How do you mark that, because the cube markers are all the same color?

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right you place the town on one of the nine spaces. Every three spaces are in a line with two symbols as shown in the rulebook in the three sections "hometown of..."
Thus, if you place your town token in the first line accompyning the symbols for the card buying actions you may use the hometown either for an action of taking cards without an action token from the board or modifying the regular card taking action.
When you use it, you put a neutral cube next to your own town token so that you can see that it is only that one city that has already been used, while other hometowns of the same kind may be still used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Meertens
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
You gotta hang on to the trip you're on
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Stefan, that clears things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Butcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Stefan, but where it says "He activates all of his cities in an area of his choice and receives the rewards of these cities" does it mean region of his choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mcb1962 wrote:
Sorry Stefan, but where it says "He activates all of his cities in an area of his choice and receives the rewards of these cities" does it mean region of his choice?

Hi Martin,
I'm not Stefan, just take the liberty to answer your question

Yes, you're right, this is a wrong choice of term, obviously - the German rules clearly say Region (region).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Bahr
Germany
Augsburg (near Munich)
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
REAL TIGRIS wrote:
Right you place the town on one of the nine spaces. Every three spaces are in a line with two symbols as shown in the rulebook in the three sections "hometown of..."
Thus, if you place your town token in the first line accompyning the symbols for the card buying actions you may use the hometown either for an action of taking cards without an action token from the board or modifying the regular card taking action.
When you use it, you put a neutral cube next to your own town token so that you can see that it is only that one city that has already been used, while other hometowns of the same kind may be still used.

Hmmm, I'm still unsure whether I understood it correctly.

So if I decided to build a hometown, what I do is
a) take one of the blue action tiles and put it on my player board
b) put one of my wooden houses in one of the hometown spaces (type of space corresponding to the image on the blue tile)
c)activate all of my cities in one of the 3 regions (red, green or yellow)

When exactly can I then use the ability of the hometown tiles (i.e. either of the 2 tiles that are in the same row in which I placed my wooden house : during the same turn when I place the wooden house or only during a later turn?
Either way, I assume that I then have to take the corresponding hometown tile and place it on my player board, correct?

BTW: The COLOR column of the hometown grid basically has no effect, correct?? (just flavor to indicate that each of the 3 "occupation groups" (scribes etc.)has a hometown in each of the 3 regions)

Thanks in advance for clarification
ferion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
after building the hometown (doing steps a, b, c as pointed out correctly), you actual turn is finished.
You may use a hometown's function at any later player turn. To do so, you do NOT remove the wooden house (tile) from the hometown space. Once a city/hometown has been built it is usually not removed until the end of the game (however, if you already have built al of your 6 houses, you may remove one to rebuild it).
To use a hometown's function you place a brown cube right beside it (or put it onto the roof vale :-) ) to show that you may not use it again until the end of the game round (decline phase). Then you may use one of the functions to the left in the line of your hometown printed on the board. The functions are rather identical to those provided on the cards so you may basically refer to the glossary for details (note that the number of coins varies).
There is no "hometown" tile, thus you cannot take one to your player mat. Just do the action as described in the glossary for the identical card functions (for example: take a sand timer tile and do education, buy cards OR take a regular action tile from the board and adjust the price to your choice).
Color fields in the top line is indeed just to remark, that you may activate one region after building a hometown. They are not referring nor are they allotted to a specific colomn of the hometown table.
Greetings
Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you build a Hometown for the first time and take a tile to place on your player board, do you pay the cost indicated and take the hourglasses as well or is this ignored because you aren't actually taking the action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
When you build a Hometown for the first time and take a tile to place on your player board, do you pay the cost indicated and take the hourglasses as well or is this ignored because you aren't actually taking the action?

Rules: "... on a free site, which shows the same icon as the selected action tile."

As you have to take an action tile, you must pay the cost and take the hourglasses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.