Unearth» Forums » General

Subject: Any plans for solo rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank Forester

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
Seems like this might be a good candidate for some kind of automata or similar system. Just curious if the designers have anything in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Herodier
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Color me interested, too. I'm pretty much only buying games with solo modes these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O'Neal
United States
California
flag msg tools
Not at the moment, Hank! We would love to see the community's thoughts on this, but we feel like a lot of the fun of the game comes down to deciding when and how to "fight" for certain Ruins. I'm not saying that's impossible to recreate or replace with solo play, but we haven't come up with the solution yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Eidsvoog
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy and played a quick game solo (2-players with me controlling both sides). The strategy element suffers a little because you know what secret ruin the "opponent" is holding and you know which delver cards they have, but it was pretty fun regardless.

Can't wait to play against human opponents but I would also be interested in a ruleset that streamlines the above, play-by-yourself experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Herodier
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just submitted my solo rules, you can find it here (pending approval).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.