Subject: what will I miss if I buy the game from the grimlord webpage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and not the KS version from ebay please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chamoy
United States
Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about checking out this geeklist sale. you could get the KS version for cheaper than the online store.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/227081/item/5476387#item5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wound up buying that from him and ended up getting only the core game. Was I wrong to assume it would include any KS content by him still listing it as the "Kickstarter edition, still in shrink wrap."? I mean, why even bother listing it with the word "Kickstarter" at all when you're only going to sell the core game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieX3 wrote:
I wound up buying that from him and ended up getting only the core game. Was I wrong to assume it would include any KS content by him still listing it as the "Kickstarter edition, still in shrink wrap."? I mean, why even bother listing it with the word "Kickstarter" at all when you're only going to sell the core game?

I agree. I responded before you but conditioned my purchase on the Extras box being included. As is, there was no Kickstarter content included, which is fine but should be noted upfront. Glad I passed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The guy made accomadations to resolve the issue. Thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original question was never answered. You guys got distracted like a dog that sees a squirrel "Squirrel!".

ok so if you get the core box how is that different from the KS version of the game.

What exactly is added. It is not clear from the KS page.

You get 30 swarmers for example, in the core box, are there 10 of each variant?

I also can't see why someone needs another Titan? It looks like many of the SG's were upgades to the core box and included in all copies.

It says 7 characters for the KS and 6 for the core retail box.

Is the scout in the core retail box. I would think she is, and what is that 7th character? the geneticist? do you get only two models (male and female) and is that 7th character board the Exo Suit or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foreshadow wrote:
The original question was never answered. You guys got distracted like a dog that sees a squirrel "Squirrel!".

ok so if you get the core box how is that different from the KS version of the game.

What exactly is added. It is not clear from the KS page.

You get 30 swarmers for example, in the core box, are there 10 of each variant?

I also can't see why someone needs another Titan? It looks like many of the SG's were upgades to the core box and included in all copies.

It says 7 characters for the KS and 6 for the core retail box.

Is the scout in the core retail box. I would think she is, and what is that 7th character? the geneticist? do you get only two models (male and female) and is that 7th character board the Exo Suit or something.

Haha! Sorry about that OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving this topic along

It looks like the many Stretch Goals for this KS were really just to include, upgrade the general copies of the game:
1) Was the Scout added as one of the 6 characters listed as included in the retail copy of the game? OR if not, what six characters are included. It looks like the Geneticist (male and female) is the KS exclusive character and the ‘seventh’ character listed on the KS page as included in the game box. If so, what skills/abilities does the geneticist have. Do any of the Variant character class characters you get it in the retail box of the variant character class box which has different skills/abilities match up with any of those geneticist skills? Meaning if he adds some science skill does a Variant character grant that or a very similar skill. How ‘needed’ is that Geneticist and what function or use does he really add.
2) The accomplishment and resolve deck SG’s seem to add these decks to all copies of the game.
3) The 20 Icarus added to the core game seem added to all copies of the game.
4) Question: is the Variant Jaegar and Swarmer models added to all copies of the game or ONLY added to the KS version. I think it hopefully is the case they are added to all copies of the game.
5) All tiles in all copies were double sided and +3 tiles were added to all copies of the game? Correct? So the ‘3 new game tile design’s are part of the normal 12 you get or does the KS edition include 3 new tiles not included in the retail copy of the game. I hope not.
6) I assume all character dash boards or all copies of the game were upgraded to 2mm board.
7) All copies of the game include the Refuge.
8) All copies include only 1 Titan, or does the KS edition include a bonus titan model. If so why? Doesn’t seem more than one is needed.
9) All copies of the game include 1 x CHO 410 Exo Loader
10) The 10 Solomon GEP’s added appear to be in the KS and retail copies of the game? Correct?
11) The sentry and any other robots added to the KS copy were also in the Cybernetic expansion and thus someone could simply get them in that expansion plus the other large robot. It appears to me that these robots, like the Redeemers are really just alternative variants to the GEP and Titan forces you get in the core game.
12) I assume the Redeemers of Purpose come in the KS copy, and yet will be in some future Redeemer expansion too. If so the extra redeemers and robots you get in the KS copy are simply extra miniatures to use however you see fit.
13) How useful are the extra tiles. I would think they are potentially useful.
14) Why would anyone need more than one Directional die? There is a pack of 6 in the grimlord Store. Why would we need more than one? Other than save us from passing that die. Also why aren’t the character color injury die just included standard in the core game. Why are these dice optional? I assume they are nice and anyone would want them. Do you get a set of these color injury die or any extra directional die in the KS copy of the game?
15) I wonder if Grimlord will do a future KS, perhaps for an Expansion and offer updated copies of the game and/or updated Rule book for those who back. I think that is the best solution for new players like me who are interested in this game and those who already own it.

Those are my questions. I personally think, a) I would be happy with the retail copy of the game as I get a revised copy of the rules and b) most people need/want an ungodly shipping cost to ship the game to you. I’d rather buy this game new from Miniature Market or even from the grimstore. If you have a KS copy and want to get rid of it I might consider it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foreshadow wrote:
Moving this topic along

It looks like the many Stretch Goals for this KS were really just to include, upgrade the general copies of the game:
1) Was the Scout added as one of the 6 characters listed as included in the retail copy of the game? OR if not, what six characters are included. It looks like the Geneticist (male and female) is the KS exclusive character and the ‘seventh’ character listed on the KS page as included in the game box. If so, what skills/abilities does the geneticist have. Do any of the Variant character class characters you get it in the retail box of the variant character class box which has different skills/abilities match up with any of those geneticist skills? Meaning if he adds some science skill does a Variant character grant that or a very similar skill. How ‘needed’ is that Geneticist and what function or use does he really add.
2) The accomplishment and resolve deck SG’s seem to add these decks to all copies of the game.
3) The 20 Icarus added to the core game seem added to all copies of the game.
4) Question: is the Variant Jaegar and Swarmer models added to all copies of the game or ONLY added to the KS version. I think it hopefully is the case they are added to all copies of the game.
5) All tiles in all copies were double sided and +3 tiles were added to all copies of the game? Correct? So the ‘3 new game tile design’s are part of the normal 12 you get or does the KS edition include 3 new tiles not included in the retail copy of the game. I hope not.
6) I assume all character dash boards or all copies of the game were upgraded to 2mm board.
7) All copies of the game include the Refuge.
8) All copies include only 1 Titan, or does the KS edition include a bonus titan model. If so why? Doesn’t seem more than one is needed.
9) All copies of the game include 1 x CHO 410 Exo Loader
10) The 10 Solomon GEP’s added appear to be in the KS and retail copies of the game? Correct?
11) The sentry and any other robots added to the KS copy were also in the Cybernetic expansion and thus someone could simply get them in that expansion plus the other large robot. It appears to me that these robots, like the Redeemers are really just alternative variants to the GEP and Titan forces you get in the core game.
12) I assume the Redeemers of Purpose come in the KS copy, and yet will be in some future Redeemer expansion too. If so the extra redeemers and robots you get in the KS copy are simply extra miniatures to use however you see fit.
13) How useful are the extra tiles. I would think they are potentially useful.
14) Why would anyone need more than one Directional die? There is a pack of 6 in the grimlord Store. Why would we need more than one? Other than save us from passing that die. Also why aren’t the character color injury die just included standard in the core game. Why are these dice optional? I assume they are nice and anyone would want them. Do you get a set of these color injury die or any extra directional die in the KS copy of the game?
15) I wonder if Grimlord will do a future KS, perhaps for an Expansion and offer updated copies of the game and/or updated Rule book for those who back. I think that is the best solution for new players like me who are interested in this game and those who already own it.

Those are my questions. I personally think, a) I would be happy with the retail copy of the game as I get a revised copy of the rules and b) most people need/want an ungodly shipping cost to ship the game to you. I’d rather buy this game new from Miniature Market or even from the grimstore. If you have a KS copy and want to get rid of it I might consider it.

That's a lot of questions! Let's see if I an shed some light on the situation:

1. Yes, the Scout was added as the 6th player in the core game. The Geneticists abilities centre around dealing extra damage to and manipulating GEPs, much like the Technician's abilities giving them the edge against Robotic Sentries. Each class and gender comes with different ability tokens, meaning there's 13 unique ability tokens. No class is "needed", they just offer another way to approach the game.
2. All Resolve and Accomplishment card SGs are in the core game.
3. The Icarus were added to all core games.
4. Variant sculpts were added to all core games.
5. The 3 new game tile designs (Primus Cell, Robotics Bay and Redeemer Shrine) were added to all core games.
6. All dashboards were upgraded in all core games.
7. All copies of the game included the Refuge.
8. All core games include 1 Titan, but an additional Titan model was given to KS backers, simply for if you wanted to play with 2 Titans in a scenario.
9. All copies of the game include 1 x CHO 410 Exo Loader.
10. The Solomon were added to all core games.
11. 10 Robotic Sentries were given to KS backers. This is enough to play some of the Robotic Sentry missions, but not all of them. These, like the Redeemers, are a different type of enemy that require a different strategy to the GEPs.
12. The Redeemers KS backers received allow them to play the campaign called "A House Divided" found in the core game rulebook.
13. Do you mean the extra 3 tiles added to the game, or the extra tiles pack?
14. Additional directional dice aren't required to play the game normally, they're just an optional extra. We were producing the dice anyway, so we thought we would offer them for sale for people who want to create custom scenarios, or potentially use them for other games outside of ETS. Colour matched Injury dice aren't included in the core game because they're not necessary to play the game. They're a nice extra if you want, but placing them in the core game would raise the cost of the game for everyone, regardless of whether they wanted the dice. No extra dice were given to KS backers.
15. We'd absolutely love to continue the story of Endure the Stars. If we can see that the demand is there then we'll definitely be back!

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions I'm more than happy to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Messaged you.

I meant was the 12 tiles in the core game including those +3 tiles. It was and the extra tile set is 12 tiles too. That's cool.

In my message are my thoughts, comments and other questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.