4 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lake abilities question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [Scythe][Rules]Rivers [+] [View All]
Vincent Paradis
Canada
flag msg tools
I was unsure about some details of the Polania and Nordic lake related abilities.

1- Can you move to a lake when there is a river to cross? This might seem like an odd question, but if you look closely enough, you can kind of see/imagine the rivers that separate neighboring territories continue on the edge of the lake territories. I am pretty sure you can, but just wanted to be 100% sure.

2- The Nordic ability allows to retreat unto neighboring lakes. If you lose a fight with multiple units, can you decide where each one will go (for instance: 1 unto lake 1, 1 unto lake 2, 1 back to base) or must they all go to the same spot? Also, can workers retreat unto lakes where mechs are present?

Thanks.
Sorry if this was asked earlier, couldn't find it in my search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your questions!

1. Here's how I answer this in the FAQ: "There isn’t a river between your mech/character and the lake. Think of it like this: If you walk along the shore of a lake, is there a river between you and the lake? Nope. It’s just land, then water. Same thing in Scythe–rivers are between two land territories, while a lake is adjacent to land territories."

2. Yes, you can retreat to different lakes. Nordic mechs can transport workers while retreating (see page 16 of the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Paradis
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick and clear answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torgo Shuffle
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowmere14 wrote:
Also, can workers retreat unto lakes where mechs are present?

This one would be "No". The Seaworthy ability is for mechs/character only, so while a mech could retreat onto a lake - and carry workers with it - a worker couldn't retreat onto a lake that already had a mech on it. You'd only ever get to do that if you lost combat and you had a mech there able to transport your worker away.

E.g., if you had your character and a handful of workers on the factory and then lost a combat there, your character would be able to retreat to a lake (assuming they had the Seaworthy ability) but the workers would have to retreat all the way back to home base because the character cannot carry them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.