Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
The RQ-1 drone, rules say, "If the RQ-1 is at High Altitude, treat all our Pilots as being Fast."

That seems a bit... Overpowered. It's only 3 points!

Is this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If it's high, you'll have enemies popup. Those things can be brutal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With apologies to Moe45673, RQ-1/MQ-1 drones at High altitude do not cause a Pop-Up marker to be drawn (as per rules page 24).

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what will happen is the enemies shooting down the drone and then getting a double turn on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The other Euro guy
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if the drone is high then every enemy unit has LOS to it. It is an easy target and likely to get shot down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jackson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
My experience has been that I have to use a very careful flight plan for the drone. I need to make sure that my now fast pilots take out any immediate threats to the drone. Then I usually circle the drone through a few safe hexes.

I actually prefer the MQ-1 if possible since for 1 more cost you can also carry some armaments as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Blacksmith61 wrote:

With apologies to Moe45673, RQ-1/MQ-1 drones at High altitude do not cause a Pop-Up marker to be drawn (as per rules page 24).

Rob

My bad! It's been a while since I've played the game blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.