Pete G
United Kingdom
Daventry
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So initially really excited by this kickstarter.
Cyberpunk = awesome
Mini's = wow
1 player option = ohhh yes
skirmish and co-op = ohhh boy...

They took ages to provide an overview video despite a lot of people asking but fair dues they did create one then another upgraded one that was more interesting to watch.

The problem is despite multiple requests by myself and others regarding solo and how it works (multi character or single character control). The creators seem to skip gameplay questions with more an emphasis on ooohh another plastic figure stretch goal...

Story mode does it allow for scaling of number of characters? Do you need to control multiple characters (the example shown on the site is hard set with 3 characters). So can I play the story through with my wife both playing a single character... not a tricky question you would think?

So although I like the game idea and presentation. I may still keep a pledge a word of warning to all of you thinking about this game.

1. Its all about the mini's and look good. Boy does it look good!
2. Could be fiddly as the first game seems to be
3. No real Solo and possibly story in co-op could be cumbersome... unless the creators finally feel like clarifying the questions!

Fingers crossed we can get some answers before the end of the Kickstarter however if purchasing think lots of nice cyberpunk fluff.. Think Multi-player... think OK we don't mind multi-character control and some people maybe having more than one whilst the rest control a single character....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Baginski
Poland
flag msg tools
Re: Lots of fluff mini's however 1 player and number of characters unclear.. Think before you pledge
Hi Pete,

According to your questions:

Story mode does it allow for scaling of number of characters?
A: Yes. From mission one to end mission (now we have 16 missions) you can unlock more characters (up to 5). 5 because we have 5 main characters in the core box. But there is nothing against playing more characters then five. Probably 10 will be to much but 6 or 7 why not.

Generally no problem with playing a single character or control more by one person. It depends on you.

1. Thank you!
2. New figure is a little more bulky and, lets say, massive. No more flimsy parts. We talk about metal miniatures right? PVC will be the same quality as CMON products.
3. Solo mode works perfectly due to fact that OPFOR forces are control by the board and unlocked Tactical cards.

I hope it will help.

Cheers
Rafal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete G
United Kingdom
Daventry
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lots of fluff mini's however 1 player and number of characters unclear.. Think before you pledge
Great and thanks for replying. It's been tricky getting a response in kickstarter.

So in clarification.

Story mode:
We can play through the story with 1 character per player with just 2 players start to finish? So I have a character, my wife has a character (these can change or be switched however we only control one character each per story scenario). If so = Awesome take my money! (example scenario has hard stop 3 character https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5vzOX1SN1SEdHR0bGFoaFpOaE0... This won't work if my wife has to control more than one character).

Solo:
For when my wife is busy I can play story or other mode with a single character if I want rather than needing to play 2,3,4,5 characters at a time (not saying I wouldn't but sometimes you just want true solo)? If so... take my money... quick take my money...

Hope the above is correct if not then I and other backers will know what they are signing up for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Baginski
Poland
flag msg tools
Hello again : )

Story mode:
1. You can try it : ) Story mode tells some history and you can make decisions about how it ends. Some scenarios with more OPFOR members need adjustment to play only one or two characters.

Solo:
1. You can play story solo with one character but you have to select a proper character class for example hacker or ronin. Some mission needs more qualified personalities then uberboy : )

Cheers
Rafal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete G
United Kingdom
Daventry
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response and good luck with the rest of the kickstarter. Hope the above also helps others who are thinking of jumping in. I've edited the title of the thread to indicate responses have been given.

*** Prospective backers - hope you have a clearer indication on gameplay now and recommend you have a look at the main kickstarter if you have interest in Cyberpunk styled games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So those 16 missions can be played just humans vs AI? Meaning no one needs to be bad guy and play vs rest of his friends, right? And you can play it with any number of players(2-4), it scales well or it becomes unballanced?

I am yet on the fence since it all looks kinda fiddly, and I am not sure how interesting is game AI when you play against it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.