Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Solo Terraformer Challenge for 2017 JULY - CLOSED!

This is a continuation of the year-long contest started here: Solo Terraformer Challenge 2017.

In this challenge, participants play Terraforming Mars solo and post their results to this thread. They gain points in this challenge based on their results. There are four ways of scoring points (called Terraforming Rating, TR, in this challenge):

1. Beating a highscore gives 1 TR. Each corporation has a highscore, which is decreased by 2 points every midnight (Swedish time). A player posting a higher score for any corporation than the current highscore replaces the old highscore with his own new score.

2. Keeping a highscore gives 1 TR every midnight.

3. Claiming a milestone gives 5 TR to the first claimer, 4 to the second, 3 to the third, and so on. New milestones are randomly selected each new month, and are described at the bottom of this post.

4. At the end of the month, each award gives 5 TR to the winner(s) of that award and 2 TR to the follow-up. The awards are described at the bottom of this post.

At the start of each new month, all highscores are reset. The TR of each player, however, is not reset. The player with the most TR at the end of December 2017 will gain a lot of GeekGold and possibly something more TR-related Several GeekGold prizes will be awarded for different hidden accomplishments throughout the year.

NOTE: The terraforming rating recorded in this thread is the TR earned in this month.

I intend to write a storyline which is dictated by the progressions on these lists, where every day represents one year, and every month represents one generation. At the end of each generation, the holders of the highscores are chosen as the corporations' respective CEO in the storyline.

RULES:
To post a highscore, you must have completed the solo version of Terraforming Mars according to the written rules. Take extra note:
* You completed all three terraforming tracks (oxygen, temperature, and oceans) before the end of the 14th generation. (see policies below)
* You started at 14 TR.
* You placed 2 neutral cities and greeneries at the start of the game.
* You did not use any drafting variant.
* You did not use any Milestones or Awards.
* You included all Corporate Era cards.
* You started with 0 - not 1 - production of all 6 resources.
Other rules:
* You must post the score on this forum the same day, or at most 2 hours after your played the game.
* The game must have started and ended this month for it to be a valid score.

NEW: You may not use prototype expansions or unreleased game content in this challenge. Hellas & Elysium game boards may be used.

If you want to aim for one or two specific highscores, you may choose your 2 corporation cards freely, as long as you do this prior to revealing the 10 cards and placing the neutral cities and greeneries.

POLICIES: (or Recommended Practices)
* A simple mistake in the solo game is to miscount the number of generations played (forgetting to move the generation marker). To avoid this, please count out 52 cards (4*13) to use for the research phases throughout the game (the first generation has no research phase). Use them only for research phases, draw all other cards from the main deck. When the last cards are drawn, you are in the last generation.
* For scores over 120 points, please share some of the highlights of the session. A few key combos or starting hand cards that paved the way for your score.
* We do not find it good sportsmanship to abort solo sessions without good reason. We encourage every player to play the game to its end, even if it is evident that the session will not succeed, or that it will not conquer a highscore.
* Please mark your claimed score or milestone with bold.

Awards will be awarded at the end of each month, just before the Highscore lists are reset;
* Winners: Each current holder of a highscore will be awarded 5 additional TR.
* King of the Hill: The highest of all highscores will be awarded 5 additional TR.
* Entrepreneur: The player who made the highest initial highscore will be awarded 5 additional TR.
* Corporation Empire: The player with the most highscores will be awarded 5 additional TR (must have at least 2 highscores).
* Competitor: The player who defeated the most highscores will be awarded 5 additional TR.
For all the above awards, the runner-up will get 2 TR.

Milestones: The first player to claim a certain milestone gets 5TR. The next player to claim that same milestone gets 4TR, and so on. To claim an in-game milstone (the bottom two), you need to supply a photo of the board or relevant game component and include it in your post. NOTE: You need to win the session to claim a milestone, but you do NOT need to set a new highscore.
* Tech Improver: Raise 3 scores by at least 10 points.
* Posterboy: Beat 1 Interplanetary Cinematics score.
* City-Planner: Beat 2 scores with Ecoline or Tharsis Republic.
* Kelvinist: Have at least 15 heat production.
* Energy Supplier: Have at least 20 energy production.

NEW THIS MONTH: Official expansions, such as Hellas & Elysium MAY BE USED in this challenge.
Please mark your claimed score or milestone in bold text when posting.

See below the current highscores, the TR list, and an FAQ. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highscores
Highscores:

timothée licitri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

174 (170)

Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

117 (105)

timothée licitri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

109 (103)

timothée licitri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

126 (116)

Joshua Lowe
United States
Forest
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

121 (119)

Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

121 (119)

Pablo Jiménez
Spain
Dos Hermanas
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

121 (109)

Christian Naesseth
Sweden
flag msg tools

119 (101)

timothée licitri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

161 (121)

j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

136 (122)

Christian Naesseth
Sweden
flag msg tools

118 (98)

Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb

100 (98)

Award Leaders:

Winners:
see highscores above
King of the Hill:
timothée licitri
timothée licitri
Entrepreneur:
Joshua Lowe
Mokey D Luffy
Corporation Empire:
timothée licitri
Christian Naesseth
Competitor:
Joshua Lowe
Florian Ruckeisen

Milestones:
Tech Improver (Raise 3 scores by at least 10 points.):
Joshua Lowe
Stephen
Matthew Robison
timothée licitri
[1] Jordan Booth..........2
[1] Teun Teunemans........2
[2] Christian Naesseth....1
[3] j n...................1
[4] Florian Ruckeisen.....1
[5] Khamul the Easterling..1
Posterboy (Beat 1 Interplanetary Cinematics score):
Jordan Booth
Joshua Lowe
Marcus S
Matthew Robison
karel pepiku
[1] Stephen...............1
[1] timothée licitri......1
[2] NONE
City-Planner (Beat 2 scores from Ecoline or Tharsis Republic):
Matthew Robison
Joshua Lowe
Florian Ruckeisen
Stephen
[1] Sebastian Stückl......1
[1] Christian Naesseth....1
[1] j n...................1
[1] Khamul the Easterling..1
[1] shulien oyo...........1
[1] Teun Teunemans........1
Kelvinist (Have at least 15 heat production.):
Joshua Lowe
Jordan Booth
Khamul the Easterling
shulien oyo
Robert Manning
Energy Supplier (Have at least 20 energy production.):
Jordan Booth
Robert Manning
Marc Espie
Matthew Robison
Florian Ruckeisen

Last Updated: 2017-08-01 00:04:08
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More info
TR for all players in June:

Division 1 players:

Division 2 players:
´

Division 3 players:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Excellent, excellent... Good luck this month, everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kranak
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mining Guild 107

I got an Ironworks out early to help with the Oxygen and had crazy Steel production to keep playing cards cheaply. At the end of the game, I had a ton of cash to just drop cities and greenery tiles all over the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lowe
United States
Forest
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New season you say? Don't mind if I grab a milestone!

Helion: 88 with Kelvinist

Not an impressive score by any stretch, but got lots of temp boost cards with strip mine / advanced alloys. Got to spend a lot of heat as money.

61 TR
11 GR
10 CT
3 Animals
3 Other Cards

for heat production:
3 from Helion
2 from Heat Track
3 from Ammonia Asteroid
2 from Lunar Beam
7 from Soletta (drawn on the last turn, as the last card I was able to draw)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lowe
United States
Forest
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorgate: 90

Another quick game...another mediocre score for someone to beat.

56 TR
10 GR
18 CT
6 Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teractor 81 with Kelvinist

This was a very odd game. I had a choice of Helion, but there was no support for it in the opening hand. I got Mohole and Soletta which put me at 14 production so I just dug for another heat production (Restricted area + Inventor's Guild). I had zero energy the entire game, partly by unluck of the draw, partly by design and self-challenge. I didn't see any cities, so it didn't bother me too much. I think I got the full microbe engine going with Regolith Eaters from the start eventually joined by Symbiotic Fungus, Extreme Cold Fungus, Decomposers, Viral Enhancers, and Ants. I only had to use two standard asteroids.

Full play report
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Félix Beaudouin
France
flag msg tools
Just won with Helion on my first solo game ! I got a score of 102.
I managed to have central AI very fast and then i managed to play many cards reducing costs (including the one that needs 7 science tags, another -2 and specific minuses.

My space events cards were very cheap by the end of the game, -4 general cost -2 space costs, + 3 MC after playing and event -3 earth cards !!

I also had several draw engines by end game. I guess i could have done more but i didn't remember i could reduce and opponents production so i passed on those cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Espie
msg tools
mb
Phoblog 97

fairly bizarre game. I thought I might claim kelvinist, but I never got any card to complement the soletta project and the mohole, so 13 heat. Bleh.

I got standard project fairly on, which made the game somewhat secure, and I put security fleet early on, got 9 points out of it.

As often with phoblog, a fairly strong titanium production helped, so comets, asteroids, soon enough I had 3 oceans, and managed to boost my plant production.

I was mostly done terraforming by generation 13, could have pushed and finished at 12, but it was more efficient to let things finish their course, and place more cities and VP cards.

That score probably won't last very long, but at least I claim the first phoblog score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Félix Beaudouin
France
flag msg tools
Any bonus if you finish terraforming before generation 14 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khamul the Easterling
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Tharsis Republic 104
Tharsis Republic 104 and Kelvinist

Breakdown :

TR 56
GR 13
CT 19
CDS 16

Corporate Stronghold and Black Polar Dust opened the game. Heat Production went op very quickly, ending up at +20 (and Mohole in hand, but no cash to play). Immigrant City, Research Outpost placed cities , finally scoring )+25 MC production. Space Events let me play oceans at a breeze, but oxygen production was lagging, forcing me to buy half of my greeneries.... too bad, because I had shitload of points in my hand I couldn't play.

Heat Production :

Black Polar Dust +3
Import GHG +2
Soletta +7
Carbonate Processing +3
Aerobraked Asteroid +3
Game effects +2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorgate 89 with Energy Supplier

Aah, so close to high score, at least I get the milestone.
Space Mirrors and Energy Saving in opening hand, Power Grid in G7 for +6 energy production. I reached 20 energy prod. in G10 and immediately started dismantling the grid to Equitorial Magnetizer. I was one plant short of another greenery and I'm sure there was another point somewhere, but I did end perfectly with no money or heat so maybe not.

Full play report
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathpact wrote:
Any bonus if you finish terraforming before generation 14 ?

No, you just have extra time to place cities and greenery and grow animals/microbes.

gregoor wrote:
Don't know how to place a picture, sorry

1. Go to your Gallery in the My Geek menu (under search bar at top of page)
2. Click upload photo.
3. Select photo and choose from your computer.
4. Give it a caption and upload.
5. When uploaded click view to open file page.
6. Copy picture ID from URL in address bar (just the numbers)
7. In post toolbar click camera icon that says "insert Geek Image"
8. Paste in picture ID, OK.
9. Add "medium" like this: [ImageID=#### medium]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shulien oyo
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inventrix 64 pv
NT 50
Cards : 7
Forest 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shulien wrote:
Inventrix 64 pv
NT 50
Forest 7

This is too low, you should end with at least 56 NT and there are no cards that lower that value. Also you say 7 forest, but I count 9 in your picture.
Is it possible to double check and confirm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kramer
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well I should of added a picture but it dosen't matter I played Thorgate and scored 68 vp with win too but already a better score lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagikun wrote:
Well I should of added a picture but it dosen't matter I played Thorgate and scored 68 vp with win too but already a better score lol.

You don't have to add a picture unless you're claiming an in-game milestone (in this month you claim them by having 15 heat production or 20 energy production).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shulien wrote:
Inventrix 64 pv
NT 50
Forest 7

Jordan Booth is right. Please confirm. From what you have on the table, you should have 56 + 9 = 65 points at least, and if your cards really gave you 7 points, that makes 72 points. I will not add your score until confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Espie
msg tools
mb
Ecoline 72

finish with 0 credits left! I had to pay for 4 temperature steps during the last generation.

Around generation 9, I still had zero aquifer on the planet, but oxygen going strong, and temperature sorely lagging behind. Just managed to have a bit of titanium, a bit of steel, which was enough to buy a few important cards.

Not a great score by any means. Won this one just barely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shulien oyo
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You re right. Sorry guys!
I have 72 like marc_youpi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Espie
msg tools
mb
Interplanetary cinematix: 69

Does first score claim Posterboy ?
again, not such a huge score.

I started with advance alliages, so 20*3 is a great start, I thought.

Turns out it took me forever to make use of it.

3 projects saved me: artic alguae fairly soon, subterranean explosions (ended up with 11 heat, no kelvinist) and standard projects.

Oh, and electrolytic plant... not that many forests on mars at the end.

Some corporations are extra tough to beat, looks like...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interplanetary Cinematics 100 for Posterboy

Darn, I was racing to finish and post before Midnight, but I didn't quite make it
Research Outpost, Mine and Titanium Mine in the opening hand tipped me towards IntCin. I kept building metal and money production, but greenery came down to the wire, and I bought 3 standard oceans. Surprisingly, even after getting AI Central out, I was still buying most of the VP cards from the research phases because I just didn't have anything else to build. Late game Power infrastructure combo with surprise Mass Converter gave an extra +14 MC on each of the last two generations.

Full play report
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxyoupi wrote:
Interplanetary cinematix: 69
Does first score claim Posterboy ?

No, sorry, you have to actually beat the score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shulien oyo
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinematics 88 pv
58 NT
Kelvinist (16 fire) posterboy
Cards 7pv
Forest 9
Cities14

Arf i have forget the last turn of plants production
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.