Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antoine Morris
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hello! Not sure if I have this right:
A card like Evidence! That has a resource cost of 1 and two investigate icons is also a fast action and says to be played after an enemy is defeated.
Does this mean that I can pay 1 resource to use this card at any time in order to gain two investigate and then discard it but alternatively I could hold onto the Card until I defeat an enemy at which point it's free to use and I automatically gain 1 clue and then discard the Card?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
You have that backwards. If you use a card for the symbols (e.g. to add to a check), it *never* costs resources. If you use the text on the card (asset or event), you must pay. So if you defeat an enemy: pay $1 and get a clue.

Either way the card goes to the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fast simply means it costs no actions to play, it still requires you to pay the cost in the circle to play it.

As has been pointed out above, committing a card to a skill test never requires you to pay a cost, you simply discard it and gain the icons displayed in the upper left corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Morris
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarifications! That makes a lot more sense and well, means I played completely wrong yesterday, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardpants wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications! That makes a lot more sense and well, means I played completely wrong yesterday, lol.

Don't worry, you're certainly not the first, and undoubtedly not the last person that will mess up the rules in some way! I've played 25+ games of this now and I'm still learning new things I've messed up just about every other day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.