Subject: Still not received (6/30/17) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Benson

Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else in this boat? No word on shipping (Seattle area). It's June 30th.

Just curious. A bit worried. Yes, I know there were shipping issues, but this bad?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you order just the core box, or did you order any add-ons? If so, which add-ons did you order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was your pledge for a core set only or did you have add-ons?(not including stretch goals)

Edit:ninja'd ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I only ordered the Fabric Bags in addition to the core box. Apparently, that's enough to get my package delayed until end of July :\

Had I known that, I'd have never have ordered them. I tend to have various dice bags lying around I use for games with random chit/tile pulls and the like

Anyhow, even a small thing like that would delay your shipment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to read your updates since that is where the shipping flowchart is provided. It should give you an idea of when it might ship. My order will supposedly ship in late July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to participate in this thread because after I participated in the "didn't receive Sword and Sorcery" thread, I got a tracking number in a few hours and the box two days later.

I have not received my This War of Mine either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
I want to participate in this thread because after I participated in the "didn't receive Sword and Sorcery" thread, I got a tracking number in a few hours and the box two days later.

I did not start this one, so the streak may end...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

:D

Ooh! Okay I haven't received mine either. I added the "incidents", according to the flow chart it could arrive any time, and now I've participated in this thread I'm off to check my emails😁
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even get to complain about my missing copy until August. If only there had been a better way to distribute the game...

Maybe KS needs to enforcce a new rule, one that describes how a game will be distributed - what order parcels get shipped out, by country and "complexity" as part of the campaign? Since they will "enforce" it as bindingly as date of release just never mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Macchiavello
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I order "incidents" as well. According to the flowchart shipping started at 26th June. I have not received the email of shipping confirmatiob jet. Hope to get it any time soon. Anyone that order incidents have received the email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
back_spacer wrote:
I order "incidents" as well. According to the flowchart shipping started at 26th June. I have not received the email of shipping confirmatiob jet. Hope to get it any time soon. Anyone that order incidents have received the email?

The incidents expansion along with the artbook look to have finished production around the 22nd(see Kickstarter update 62, the latest one, for pictures) So, it could be they are still in transit to AR to be shipped to backers. I'd at the very least wait until next week for some form of update stating that shipping has started before panicing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I only ordered the Fabric Bags in addition to the core box. Apparently, that's enough to get my package delayed until end of July :\

For a KS, the closer you stick to the base pledge, the less likely they'll be a delay. Particularly, third-party products -- like Fabric Bags, glass mugs, outsourced painting services, etc. -- can delay your shipment if the other party is delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole idea of their shipping chart was to alleviate backer criticism. It is obvious that it's not going according to plan (again and again). It is continuously in delay based on that chart and anyone hoping it would all be shipped by end of July is a little too optimistic.

They are behind in production, have been for a while. At best it will be all shipped by end of August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

For a KS, the closer you stick to the base pledge, the less likely they'll be a delay. Particularly, third-party products -- like Fabric Bags, glass mugs, outsourced painting services, etc. -- can delay your shipment if the other party is delayed.

Honestly, I think the fabric bags and the city map (which is just a poster) could have been added as freebees to the core box to begin with… or just not offered at all. I feel pretty stupid for having paid about €20 extra for those, and having been put at the very end of the delivery queue because of it…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

Honestly, I think the fabric bags and the city map (which is just a poster) could have been added as freebees to the core box to begin with… or just not offered at all. I feel pretty stupid for having paid about €20 extra for those, and having been put at the very end of the delivery queue because of it…

Well, think about it this way. If the production on everything was finished when they started shipping, someone was going to have their pledge shipped first, and someone was going to be last. If it was random, than you'd have no idea when your pledge was going to head out.

They have been quite open about how the shipping is taking place, when things are ready to be sent, etc. At least this way backers have an idea of when they should start to expect it.

It's unfortunate that adding extra stuff puts you (and others) later in line to get your game. No matter how they shipped it, though, someone was going to get theirs in June, and someone was going to get theirs in August.

At least it's all coming together. I've had several CMON kickstarters where I was getting 2 boxes, and one of them arrived 2 months after the other. Unfortunately, at least once all of the extra stuff was in box #1, and the base game was in box #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

Well, think about it this way. If the production on everything was finished when they started shipping, someone was going to have their pledge shipped first, and someone was going to be last. If it was random, than you'd have no idea when your pledge was going to head out.

They have been quite open about how the shipping is taking place, when things are ready to be sent, etc. At least this way backers have an idea of when they should start to expect it.

It's unfortunate that adding extra stuff puts you (and others) later in line to get your game. No matter how they shipped it, though, someone was going to get theirs in June, and someone was going to get theirs in August.

At least it's all coming together. I've had several CMON kickstarters where I was getting 2 boxes, and one of them arrived 2 months after the other. Unfortunately, at least once all of the extra stuff was in box #1, and the base game was in box #2.

Yeah, I know that someone will have to be last. And that's ok. I've been among the last before. It's always a little annoying, but of course it's understandable. But this time it's extra annoying, because I paid quite a bit of extra money, and yes, I'm getting extra stuff for that money, and I'm not regretting getting the gameplay expansions at all. I was on the fence about shelling out the extra money on the fabric bags and the poster of the city map though, and having the decision to do it come back and bite me now is frustrating…

I'll of course be happy when I get it, and I'm waiting patiently. I'm not all up in arms about it or anything. It just feels stupid that I essentially paid to get the game later, since those two add-ons have no gameplay value what-so-ever.

Seeing what type of games Awaken Realms seem to focus on apart from TWoM, I'm not very likely to get any more of their games, simply because they're not my type of games. I'm more of a Euro-player myself. But I must say that if I would ever be interested in another game of theirs, this experience hasn't exactly encouraged me to spend extra money on add-ons.

Please note, I am NOT saying that as some kind of "threat" or "payback" or anything. Absolutely not. But it's just a fact that if I would decide to back a campaign of theirs in the future, and I was on the fence about an add-on, this experience will weigh quite heavily against getting it.

That's most likely no loss to Awaken Realms in my case, as I am obviously not part of the target audience for what seems to be their chosen genre apart from TWoM. But I have to imagine that it's a feeling that many of their recurring backers will bring with them going into their future campaigns. I don't think that's necessarily a huge problem after just one campaign, but if the same pattern keeps recurring in campaign after campaign, I'm sure it will start to have an impact on their overall funding levels.

Again, please let me point out that I'm not as bitter as I probably sound. I've come to terms with my copy of TWoM being one of the last of the English copies to be shipped, and I'm ok with that. I just hope that Awaken Realms are aware of the backer-side of the choice they made, and factors that in the next time they have to make a similar choice. That's all

PS: I generally think the idea of shipping the core box to everyone first, then the add-ons later, sounds like a pretty good idea, but of course it will increase shipping charges, and it might also increase customs charges, which would certainly suck. Getting the extras first and the core game later must be incredibly annoying though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am in the same boat, I added the expansions, so I will get my copy later. It sucks to see games delivered everywhere, knowing that I have to wait for some more weeks/ months.

But honestly, I think Awaken Realms are doing a good job on this. They are very open about the shipping process and in which order games are shipped.
I also undestand that they first ship the core games, it makes sense even if I don't like to be at the end of the line because of it.

Two wave shipping would just make the shipping costs explode and I don't want that (I am really pissed with the Myth guys who shipped in two waves without asking and asked twice for shipping, without telling before).

Besides, being in Europe, I am often enough much later in line than American backers. This is nothing... (I wonder if this comes true if I often enough repeat it...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This new trend of shipping the complicated orders last is not a good one IMO. Neither is shipping before production is done and product in hand.

But this is the new world so we have to live with it. I guess this is the millennial revenge against the status quo? (Every generation does it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
This new trend of shipping the complicated orders last is not a good one IMO. Neither is shipping before production is done and product in hand.

But this is the new world so we have to live with it. I guess this is the millennial revenge against the status quo? (Every generation does it.)

I think in this case it was expedience and attempting to mitigate some of the wait. From what I'm gathering from the uodate production of add-ons was sourced among multiple producers and different ones finished on different schedules. I also do put some of the weight on AR, but only in a 'KS newb' way as I've seen it happen before. Success breeds overpromising. The work done on the add ons looks to have been less when the KS was launched (nebulous hoped for additions rather than content cut from the main idea) and the timetable for finishing the core plus implimenting, testing, and finalizing the unexpected add-ons stretches out well beyond original parameters.

So they took the 'ship what we can' method. Another Publisher might wait. In either case people will be unhappy. Who/how/etc is just a matter of the unknown.

I know it is little comfort to thkse who don't have it now, but the game wil be good and you'll still get it before retail. Meanwhile there are people playing Lisboa who didn't back the KS while I'm looking at 2 months before I see my copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
markblasco wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

Yeah, I know that someone will have to be last. And that's ok. I've been among the last before. It's always a little annoying, but of course it's understandable. But this time it's extra annoying, because I paid quite a bit of extra money, and yes, I'm getting extra stuff for that money, and I'm not regretting getting the gameplay expansions at all. I was on the fence about shelling out the extra money on the fabric bags and the poster of the city map though, and having the decision to do it come back and bite me now is frustrating…

I'll of course be happy when I get it, and I'm waiting patiently. I'm not all up in arms about it or anything. It just feels stupid that I essentially paid to get the game later, since those two add-ons have no gameplay value what-so-ever.

Seeing what type of games Awaken Realms seem to focus on apart from TWoM, I'm not very likely to get any more of their games, simply because they're not my type of games. I'm more of a Euro-player myself. But I must say that if I would ever be interested in another game of theirs, this experience hasn't exactly encouraged me to spend extra money on add-ons.

Please note, I am NOT saying that as some kind of "threat" or "payback" or anything. Absolutely not. But it's just a fact that if I would decide to back a campaign of theirs in the future, and I was on the fence about an add-on, this experience will weigh quite heavily against getting it.

That's most likely no loss to Awaken Realms in my case, as I am obviously not part of the target audience for what seems to be their chosen genre apart from TWoM. But I have to imagine that it's a feeling that many of their recurring backers will bring with them going into their future campaigns. I don't think that's necessarily a huge problem after just one campaign, but if the same pattern keeps recurring in campaign after campaign, I'm sure it will start to have an impact on their overall funding levels.

Again, please let me point out that I'm not as bitter as I probably sound. I've come to terms with my copy of TWoM being one of the last of the English copies to be shipped, and I'm ok with that. I just hope that Awaken Realms are aware of the backer-side of the choice they made, and factors that in the next time they have to make a similar choice. That's all

PS: I generally think the idea of shipping the core box to everyone first, then the add-ons later, sounds like a pretty good idea, but of course it will increase shipping charges, and it might also increase customs charges, which would certainly suck. Getting the extras first and the core game later must be incredibly annoying though!

Well said and I fully agree. I bought the fabric bags becuase they make it slightly less fiddly to setup the game and draw certain tokens. If I had bought an expansion or nice minis or serious bling, I'd be less regretful about my decision. But such a small thing that I could have DIY'd pushing me off for months feels wrong.

But C'Est La Vie. I've made peace with it and I'm not mad at the creators. They're doing their best. But this experiencce will make me think twice in the future, as Adrian said.

I'd also like to state about the point that when everything is shipped at the same time, some get their stuff first and some last. Yes, this does happen and that's fine. But this KS is shipping in waves and some of those waves have sizable delays between them. Had everything been shipped simultaneously, the difference in Dates that backer 1 and backer N received their pledges would be quite a bit smaller so I am questioning your logic, markblasco, regarding that as a reason why my pledge receipt is delayed so long!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This campaign is a disaster! I never heard of a game on ks with this much interval between first game shipped and last one. And i m talking here about the english version only. They started shipping around 20 may. It s been about one month and a half since the first backer got his game. And you have to keep in mind that not even half of the games were sent. Well, at least AR continued to not give a fuck and started a new campaign with Lords of Hellas while the previous 2 other campaigns left rotten. Good job you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei123 wrote:
This campaign is a disaster! I never heard of a game on ks with this much interval between first game shipped and last one.

Not following Dark Souls then I take it? They've been shipping for even longer. NZ and Australia have now flown past the 2nd round of 'sometime in the next 4 weeks'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Andrei123 wrote:
This campaign is a disaster! I never heard of a game on ks with this much interval between first game shipped and last one.

Not following Dark Souls then I take it? They've been shipping for even longer. NZ and Australia have now flown past the 2nd round of 'sometime in the next 4 weeks'.

Dark Souls has 10 times the number or orders than TWOM. I can t imagine if things were the other way and AR had the number of order Steamforge has with DS. I think we would have received the games sometime in 2019. Lucky for us we are only 10.000+ and ot more. At least we might get the games this year. I feel sorry for those who order other languages. The date for those versions is september, but i think AR forgot to tell them september 2018. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.