Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I backed this because a friend really liked the original (and we generally like the same sort of game). Eric Lang being part of the design team also helped (didn't want to miss out on backing a game he was involved in).

But, after reading through the campaign, I really have no idea what add-ons are worthwhile. I'm not interested in the RPG... just things that might add to (co-op) game play (especially if they might be hard to get later on).

I went through this before in December but just gave up. But, after checking the status of everything a moment ago, it seems the pledge manager is still open. I took this is a sign that I should ask on BGG to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: I've currently backed for just the Dark Legion Bundle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm -really- wary of this one. The campaign was last year, and (last I knew) there's still no rulebook, no solo play details, no production samples for the minis, etc. etc.

I don't think it's a scam, but... best case is a bunch of professionals came to market with an idea, a brand, and little to no actual product. Which means you -will- get your stuff, just probably next year (above and beyond the "December shipping"). And hopefully it'll be everything people hope it'll be.

And that's my best case.

But it doesn't answer your question, does it?

Get the $100 all-in add on. It really is a good addition by the numbers at least. I suspect at retail the final products are going to be -much- higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's going to depend on how much you want to spend. The Doomtrooper pledge is fairly minimal, and doesn't give you most of the stretch goals. That said, it probably is roughly the equivalent of the original game your friend remembers in terms of the amount of content.

The Dark Legion pledge is probably the overall best bang for the buck. If it fits your budget, I'd recommend considering this level over the Doomtrooper bundle (which you apparently have done). It has a large pile of content, giving you lots and lots of stuff to play with.

And for the completionist, there's a final add-on bundle that (if I recall correctly) bundles all of the remaining board game addons. (It doesn't include the additional RPG content.) You can probably live without these extras ... but many of these addons do include additional missions featuring the addon miniatures, so the addons do have some value. You can buy individual addons if you prefer; perhaps the Mission Generator deck might be something specific to look at if you don't want to go all-in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ortolani
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony, don't let the campaign page fool you. True, it seems overly complex, but that is because any single stretch goal can basically be bought separated. All you need is the Dark legion pledge and the boardgame add ons bundle. This will give you all the boardgame related stuff. That's what I did too. As far as I know the pledge manager is still open, game is now slated for December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Becq wrote:
And for the completionist, there's a final add-on bundle that (if I recall correctly) bundles all of the remaining board game addons.
That costs a whopping $100 for relatively little content It's tough being a completionist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's not nearly the bang for the the buck that the other bundles are. There is some reasonable content there, but it's not an Earth-shattering bundle discount, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm going to see how the shipping costs pan out before adding stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Warfield
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
The Dark Legion pledge seems like more than plenty. But if you want a few extra minis with their own rules and such I guess go for the All In Bundle. Personally, I'll probably print out those characters myself on to cardstock and make up their rules. 100 is a lot for a few things, considering you're spending 149 for a butt load of content.

In reply to the first reply; We haven't been given much details about the progress of solo campaign and the like. But I'm still hopeful and excited for this game. I trust the company to do a great job with everything. I don't know how big their company is but they're working on a number of projects, at the moment, in addition to the Siege reboot. I believe Chris will be giving us previews of the final sculpts and some cards, if I'm not mistaken, according to the last Kickstarter update. Hoping they get it all done by December. But if it takes longer to perfect it, then I'll be happy to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still sitting on a dollar. The PM is till open and will likely remain so for months. We're seeing more and more creators allow backers/non-backers alike to buy a pledge long after the KS has ended.

Re: SotC I've found the updates and their lack of content to be pretty uninspiring. I don't read an update and think "wow I'd better log into the PM and buy this thing". Not yet at least. And the "we have no idea what shipping will cost till much, much later is the reason I stayed at a dollar to begin with.

At least with CMoN you get to see shipping costs in the PM and can tweak your cart accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
I'm still sitting on a dollar. The PM is till open and will likely remain so for months. We're seeing more and more creators allow backers/non-backers alike to buy a pledge long after the KS has ended.

Re: SotC I've found the updates and their lack of content to be pretty uninspiring. I don't read an update and think "wow I'd better log into the PM and buy this thing". Not yet at least. And the "we have no idea what shipping will cost till much, much later is the reason I stayed at a dollar to begin with.

At least with CMoN you get to see shipping costs in the PM and can tweak your cart accordingly.

What bothers me is they seem to be moving so quickly on fallout and this seems to be lagging far behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Geoff wrote:
We're seeing more and more creators allow backers/non-backers alike to buy a pledge long after the KS has ended.
It's good for creators and potential backers for the pledge manager to remain open until they need to lock down numbers and start manufacturing

Quote:
I think with CMON having done so many similar KSs they probably have a very good idea what shipping would cost and can quote them upfront.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
Geoff wrote:
We're seeing more and more creators allow backers/non-backers alike to buy a pledge long after the KS has ended.
It's good for creators and potential backers for the pledge manager to remain open until they need to lock down numbers and start manufacturing

Quote:
I think with CMON having done so many similar KSs they probably have a very good idea what shipping would cost and can quote them upfront.

Oh I can speculate that too, but I'm the buyer and unless I have a reasonable idea of what the shipping will be I'd be foolish to hand over money, irrespective of the "why" of Modohius not knowing being valid or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ortolani
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
unless I have a reasonable idea of what the shipping will be I'd be foolish to hand over money, irrespective of the "why" of Modohius not knowing being valid or not.

Scroll to the bottom of the campaign page, there's a table there with an estimate of the shipping costs for any country. Chris stated in many updates that exact shipping costs can't be calculated correctly at this stage, but with this table you can get a rough idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ortolani
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirtydubya wrote:
100 is a lot for a few things, considering you're spending 149 for a butt load of content.

I think the real deal breaker with the add-on bundle, aside the five minis of some iconic characters in the MC universe and the plastic defense turrets, is the Collectors Edition book. It contains all of the rules/scenarios unlocked in the campaign and it's far better then pdfs. The 2 decks are also promising, as you can expand the game even further. That said, I'm with you: 100 is a lot. I had a fierce fight with the completionist in me... Obviously I've been badly defeated and gone all-in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also worth noting that three of the Heroes included in the add-on bundle (and available separately), are Kickstarter Exclusive. So this may be your only chance to pick them up. They are $35 if bought as separate add-ons. So you'll at least want to get those.

With Modepius working with Asmodee/Fantasy Flight Games as co-publishers, I don't think there's any doubt the quality will be top notch and the gameplay solid. FFG lost the Warhammer license, so it seems they may be eyeing Mutant Chronicles as a possible replacement. Also, with Asmodee's pricing structure (limited discount at an OLGS), this KS is a very good deal.

That said, I'm still sitting at a $1 pledge, had already decided not to back, but the latest update has me thinking twice. The tiles and Dark Legion cards look pretty thematic.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ortolani
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune: you're right, I did not consider those figures were ks exclusive. I found the latest update interesting too. I like the doors cards mechanic and the turrets traps. Tiles also look awesome to me. Oh, c'mon, get off the fence, you know you want this game 😄

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pantao wrote:
Jorune: you're right, I did not consider those figures were ks exclusive. I found the latest update interesting too. I like the doors cards mechanic and the turrets traps. Tiles also look awesome to me. Oh, c'mon, get off the fence, you know you want this game 😄

The first one's free... Oh, wait -- no it's not. Nemmind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
Jorune wrote:
It's also worth noting that three of the Heroes included in the add-on bundle (and available separately), are Kickstarter Exclusive. So this may be your only chance to pick them up. They are $35 if bought as separate add-ons. So you'll at least want to get those.

There is only one hero in the Add-On Bundle: Major Tang. All other heroes are included in the Dark Legion pledge. Seeker Indigo actually is in the Dark Legion pledge and Blood Beret McBride is in the Doom Trooper pledge. Even though when they updated the main campaign page the "not included" warning got moved in a way that it seems they aren't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Matheson
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added the All In bundle, as you get all manner of the other things too like the decks, and books too. Yet, there are many minis you get too. It is a good deal. Yet, its up to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Matheson
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordiphus (or however you spell it) is a great company. I would not worry about the quality of their product or that the end-result of the game will be solid. I have full faith in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
foreshadow wrote:
Mordiphus (or however you spell it) is a great company. I would not worry about the quality of their product or that the end-result of the game will be solid. I have full faith in them.

This is the first product I am getting from them, so I hope you are right, because all I see so far is a company that, since the kickstarter ended, keeps promising updates on specific dates and hasn't kept a single one of those mini-deadlines they set themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.