Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple questions on drawing tiles and movement:

1) If I'm reading the rules correctly, exploring a new map space (drawing a new tile and placing it in a previously empty space, then moving to it) does not take more air than moving to an already revealed tile. Is that correct?

2) Er. What do I do if I draw a tile that is a dead end, and there is only a single place I can place it, and it completely closes off the path? I just played a game that resulted in a pathway that looked roughly like this:

O
|
|--O
|
O

where the lines are paths and each O is a dead end. There were no places that I could have placed new paths. If this happens, should I assume it's game over, because my astronaut is completely cut off from the ship? Or should I discard the dead end I drew and draw another?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Drawing Tiles/Movement
1) Yes, that is correct. Whether moving to a new space or an old space, it takes the same amount of air.

2) Neither. This has happened to me as well. The game only ends when you run out of air, not out of places to go - even if that does make finding your ship difficult. And you don't keep drawing tiles until you get something that would continue the path.

There are a number of Event Cards which remove all the tiles around you, or some of the tiles. I usually keep moving back and forth between the various dead ends (which yes, does use air) until a storm blows up and causes a new path to open up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Skelding
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.