Bohnanza» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2p harvest question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Richter
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Hey folks. Bohnanza 2 player. Got a rules question.

You take your turn and after planting/discard, you have two fields in front of you with one card each. Let's assume 1 Soy and 1 Garden.

The post-plant/discard offering comes 1 Red, 1 Stink, 1 Blue.

Your opponent has Red and Stink with 3 beans each so you don't want to leave her those. Also assume you have another Soy in your hand so you want to keep your planted Soy in your field.

Can you do multiple plants and harvests (so long as you don't violate the rule that you cannot rip up a one card field if a two plus card field exists)?

E.g., if I didn't want her to have the Red and Stink in the offer, could I do the following:

0. Take all three of the offer beans
1. Harvest my Garden Bean
2. Plant offered Stink
3. Harvest Stink for no coins
4. Plant offered Blue Bean
5. Harvest Blue for no coins
6. Plant Red
7. Take two cards and pass my turn.

Doesn't seem to run afoul of any rules as written. What do you think. Of course this may not be a great strategy later when I have multiple beans in my field, as I would need to rip up the multi bean field before ripping up the solo bean field.

Thanks BGGers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, legal.

(My subsequent advice is never to play 2p Bohnanza again. It's not good. Just released, however, is Bohnanza the Duel. It is an EXCELLENT 2p game of Bohnanza. I just played it the first time Wednesday and both I and my opponent thought it was fantastic.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin W.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be(a)n wondering, should I just buy this? It's a 2p variant from one of the german expansions right? Al Cabohne I think, which is about the same price. Would it be better for me to just track that one down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Cabohne is awful too IMO. Better than 2p Bohnanza, but still not very good. If you have 3+, Bohnanza is great. If you have 2p, get the Duel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.