Magic Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Oooops, methinks the Sorcerer is now permanently a cloud of mist. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: mrjr_rsp [+] [View All]
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a dormant instance of Melt into Mist cast on the Sorcerer, then I picked up the Dragon Essence.

Now I think I am stuck.

In a multiplayer game, I might be able to get someone to cast Exorcise if I were lucky. As is, I think I did myself in. . . . . ??

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Experience is the best teacher...

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can drop the Dragon Essence. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anijunk wrote:

no. he cannot. when you transform, your chits and inventory are not available for manipulation.

absorb the TFD and pick up the Cloven Hoof

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Mitchell
United States
Snyder
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum_Jack wrote:
anijunk wrote:

no. he cannot. when you transform, your chits and inventory are not available for manipulation.

absorb the TFD and pick up the Cloven Hoof

Correct, when the treasure is initially looted, the character may decide to keep it ( active// inactive) or abandon it in the clearing. If it is an enchanted card, it activates automatically AFTER he decides to keep or abandon. 7.5.5.f . Since he kept it ... it now endlessly energies his mist form surprise

So his only chance to drop it, is to actually not pick it up in the initial looting phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I happened to loot the Dragon Essence on Day 6, when Day 7 came and I was a cloud of mist, I assumed it was a purple magic day - I didn't even bother to look at the calendar. Then on Day 8 I was STILL mist . . . . and then I had a sinking feeling.

I was drunk with power and not paying enough attention. I had already looted the Elusive Cloak, Belt of Strength (which potentially makes the Sorcerer a formidable fighter with the right equipment), a Scroll from which I had learned a couple more spells, plus the Skull Staff (expansion treasure that gives attack spells like my Fiery Blast one extra sharpness star).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you playing RealmSpeak?

Then you can add a new character midplay, IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were playing pen and paper, OR if this were a multiplayer game on Realm Speak, then I'd definitely continue with a different character and try to loot the Sorcerer's belongings (after suiciding him first).

But, as it is, it's just as easy to simply end the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.