The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1 player expandability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Scichowski II
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Hey gang, I am looking at getting into the LOTR LCG, it seems that many of yall enjoy the single player aspect of this game. Aside from the core set does the individual playability equally expand out with additional packs?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand your question correctly, yes. The player card pool expands and your deck building options increase with additional packs. With just the core game, it's hard to construct anything other than mono-sphere decks. That lack of flexibility doesn't allow you to experience the full nature of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd like to get a second core, but in the meantime I just peroxided the cards that were missing so I have 3 of every card. I'm able to build two dual-sphere decks pretty easily.

If you want to expand your cards and move on from the core, just pick a cycle that interests you and get the deluxe and some adventure packs from that cycle.

Or you could just go through them "progressively" (in order of release, limiting player cards to what was available when the AP was released) and buy them all in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Other adventure packs and cards are totally playable in single player and expand upon you options greatly. Some work better with 2 or more players, though. In those situations I play two decks at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+1 to playing some quests with two decks (two-handed) and other quests playing fine with just one deck (single handed). It's a fantastic solo game when played this way. I recommend at least two core sets. The more player cards you can get for this game, the better. Personally, I consider all player cards fair game for any quest. Probably the main thing I keep in mind is whether or not my deck(s) is(are) OP against the quest, and really that may not have anything to do with when the player cards were published. I'd recommend playing some of the later quests if possible before completely judging the game on the earlier (Mirkwood) quests. Mirkwood has some solid player cards though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.