Subject: 50th Anniversary card availibility? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about buying this now on miniature market. Do the copies out there still have the 50th anniversary card pack inside? If not, is there a place to purchase the card pack separately? I check Gale Force Nines site but it didn't mention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was a sticker on the shrink wrap. You could always just try asking the store if it's there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the 50th cards are standard. They are included in the # of cards in the component list printed on the back of the box. Changing the print on boxes isn't something done lightly so unless they are going to different exploration cards in additional print runs, you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're also shrink wrapped with the deck. I'm pretty sure they're in every copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Ziolkowski
Poland
Warszawa
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are in every box from first print. All boxes, in this case, have yellow sticker on front saying "50th anniversary edition".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Their limited availability was a lie and a scam, like every fucking thing this company does

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The question really is, "What are the odds that they managed to get a second print run of the base game produced and shipped amid the whole expansion fiasco?" I believe every copy of the game that's in circulation at the moment is a first-run copy, and should have the 50th anniversary cards included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Godhead wrote:
Their limited availability was a lie and a scam, like every fucking thing this company does

Man, you're really upset about this, aren't you? This thread doesn't even have anything to do with the problems with the expansions...

Novacat wrote:
The question really is, "What are the odds that they managed to get a second print run of the base game produced and shipped amid the whole expansion fiasco?" I believe every copy of the game that's in circulation at the moment is a first-run copy, and should have the 50th anniversary cards included.

Zero. I doubt they'd have done a second print run by now even if everything was going fine. It's only been like 6 to 9 months since the first one, which isn't long at all, and they still seem to have plenty of stock. I wouldn't expect a second print run for a couple of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
I think there was a sticker on the shrink wrap. You could always just try asking the store if it's there.

I'm 100% certain that Miniature Market will check this for you if you shoot them an email or call them. Their customer service has always been top-notch for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fuller
msg tools

Just to say, my copy did not have the 50th Anniversary sticker on the shrink-wrap, but still had the 50th cards inside!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dzyhanas S.
Turkey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Probably will be available in all products out in market till end of 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks for the replies everyone. When I receive my copy I'll post a reply in this thread stating weather I got the bonus cards or not. Sounds like it'a given that they'll be included though, which is cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy and the 50th anniversary cards were included.

It does seem a little misleading that they are supposedly "limited edition". The Exploration deck is 45 cards and the 50th anniversary expansions is 15 cards total. The back of the box says in the contents, "includes 60 exploration cards." This isn't on a sticker but hard printed on the box art. I do not believe these are limited edition.

So, all in all it's a good thing, anyone who gets the game will get all the cards. I just don't like misdirection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
---------ViSiT---------- ------------------------- DockingBay416.com -------------------------- ----------for some---------- -------------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Sputnik Monroe wrote:
So, all in all it's a good thing, anyone who gets the game will get all the cards. I just don't like misdirection.

That does suck, but you are right. If someone new bought the game I'd want them to have those 50th anniversary cards. They are so great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. It's mildly annoying that they said they're a limited thing when it looks like they aren't, but not nearly as annoying as it would be if they actually were limited. The game would be a lot worse without those fifteen cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Am going back through old threads and this caught my eye - only to see where the "limited" status stands now, over a year and half later. So are newly printed copies still including the 50th Anniversary cards? (As of March 2018).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know when my copy was printed, but it's been on the shelf at my FLGS for a while. It has the yellow sticker, and also the 50th cards, wrapped separately from the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.