13 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: How can you kill an abomination with magic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Smuts
msg tools
Hi All,

How can you kill an abomination with magic?

Theoretically you could kill an abomination with a 2 damage spell combined with the +1 damage magic or +1 damage combat skill, but I'm not aware of any survivor that has those skills. I've got the ZBP Kickstarter and some of the special guest boxes, so I've got a lot of survivors but certainly not all of them so I suppose somewhere there is a survivor who could kill an abomination with magic.

Is there a more obvious way I've somehow missed?

Compared to melee and ranged combat where there are survivors who can kill abominations from the blue experience level, this seems to be a weakness with magic. In my view there are too many ways to kills abominations with melee and ranged combat (once you have Wulfsburg), but that's a separate rant...

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milo at blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Smuts
msg tools
Dang. You're right. As usual I missed the bleeding obvious.

Any others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disintegrate with 2+ 6's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Repulse to push one into Dragonfire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Use Repulse to push one into Dragonfire?

Unless it's a special scenario, Dragonfire doesn't persist on the board for any amount of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Smuts
msg tools
DoctorBandage wrote:

Does the +1 damage stack? I read it as +1 damage to the hit rolled with that die, i.e. 2 6s means 2 hits each of 2 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pickelbarrel wrote:
DoctorBandage wrote:

Does the +1 damage stack? I read it as +1 damage to the hit rolled with that die, i.e. 2 6s means 2 hits each of 2 damage.

It kinda depends on who you agree with in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1590734/disintegrate-spell-..., but the official answer is that each 6 rolled adds +1 damage to the entire attack, not any particular die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Which I think makes sense. The point of disintegrate is that a solid hit can kill anything. Size doesn't matter when you're being reduced to atomic dust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Smuts
msg tools
DoctorBandage wrote:
pickelbarrel wrote:
DoctorBandage wrote:

It kinda depends on who you agree with in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1590734/disintegrate-spell-..., but the official answer is that each 6 rolled adds +1 damage to the entire attack, not any particular die.

I think more intellectual effort was put into that debate than most supreme court cases, but the final official ruling on page 7 is clear. Still can't believe I read all way to the end...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:

Ah, yes, those were the days...brings back old memories of that very tense discussion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Killing an abomination with Disintegrate is always so satisfying. Tossing three dice and hoping to land two 6s. Dual Wielding Disintegrate Karl is a beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
Dual Wielding Disintegrate Karl is a beast.

Or Morgan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.