Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

No Retreat! The North African Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Axis Tactical Feint Card #17 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Gould
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
When the axis plays the Tactical feint card #17, it bypasses the die roll and automatically applies a DR result. Does this mean that without a die roll, the battle card will always be recovered during 11.6?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marxismarxismarx wrote:
When the axis plays the Tactical feint card #17, it bypasses the die roll and automatically applies a DR result. Does this mean that without a die roll, the battle card will always be recovered during 11.6?


Yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gould
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
Excellent, Thank you. That is how I was playing it but I couldn't locate the details of that situation. The Italians made good use of that tactic scurrying away from the British assault in turn 1.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marxismarxismarx wrote:
Excellent, Thank you. That is how I was playing it but I couldn't locate the details of that situation. The Italians made good use of that tactic scurrying away from the British assault in turn 1.


Yes this is a very useful card indeed (when you are not surrounded!). It represents withdrawals prior to the main attack, so there is very little, if any, actual combat; so both sides keep their combat card (no dice were rolled for the battle).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
Now I'm quite confused...

In other situations where a card is played to "force" a combat result without rolling dice, you have stated that you roll anyway to determine the fate of cards/shock/blitz.

Which is it?

Your answer to question 2):

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1356353/removal-blitzshock-...

And this...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083788/card-30-sandstorms-...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
razlerja wrote:
Now I'm quite confused...

In other situations where a card is played to "force" a combat result without rolling dice, you have stated that you roll anyway to determine the fate of cards/shock/blitz.

Which is it?

Your answer to question 2):

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1356353/removal-blitzshock-...

And this...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083788/card-30-sandstorms-...



Ooops I stand corrected. Even if the combat result is fixed you do roll for the fate of cards/shock/blitz. modest

If Inhad to redo the rule again, I would write it another way, but too late for this now. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
OK.

Also, just my opinion, but I don't imagine that a card that can sustain itself through it's own action (like this one) would play-test very well.

I like the rule as you have it, so that the card is somewhat at risk when you use it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gould
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
Ok. I've only been reading from the boxed version of the rules and not the living rules. In a later turn, I had the Sandstorms event card played out in the same way as I described above. Thematically, I figured they both worked. With Tactical Feint, I imagined a cautious Italian commander outsmarting the British advance repeatedly. With Sandstorms, I pictured a month of bad weather which slowed the British assault further. Anyway, I'll be using the Die Roll Method from now on. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marxismarxismarx wrote:
Ok. I've only been reading from the boxed version of the rules and not the living rules. In a later turn, I had the Sandstorms event card played out in the same way as I described above. Thematically, I figured they both worked. With Tactical Feint, I imagined a cautious Italian commander outsmarting the British advance repeatedly. With Sandstorms, I pictured a month of bad weather which slowed the British assault further. Anyway, I'll be using the Die Roll Method from now on. Thanks.


Right... They do work both ways, in a way. But using the die roll will be better (for now) as some sneaky players could really make those cards too strong.

If I had done my card design better I would have added some extra text on some of the combat cards that "pre=set" combat resolutuion to explain things better and add a special set of instructions to cover this.

What I have in mind:

- The player using one of those cards will roll a die: 5-6 will put the card out of play.

- The opponent gets back his own played card automatically.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.