Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Fox in the Forest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Determine first player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Subaru Brem
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in trick taking games, first player have more advance. i try read rules book, and cannot figure out. Which player start first in each rounds (each round there is 13 trick). i only find about dealer who shuffle and prepare.

TLDR
which player play first when new each new round start? is the last trick winner?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Whoever wins the trick leads the next trick, unless you played a card that changes that. This can be found in the rulebook right at the bottom of page 5.

Quote:
The winner of a trick leads the next trick (unless otherwise specified).


Unless the trick being won contains a 1 in any suit. In that case, the loser of that trick gets to lead the next one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 8 of the rulebook says this:

Quote:
After the end-of-round scoring, if either player has at least
21 points, then the game is over. Otherwise, play another round
(with the dealer of the next round being the player who did not
deal the current round).


It alternates. If Player A leads the first trick of the first round, then Player B leads the first trick of the second round.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Right, and page 4 has:
Quote:
The non-dealer leads on the first trick of a round.


Hope that's clear!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subaru Brem
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyhoyt wrote:
Page 8 of the rulebook says this:

Quote:
After the end-of-round scoring, if either player has at least
21 points, then the game is over. Otherwise, play another round
(with the dealer of the next round being the player who did not
deal the current round).


It alternates. If Player A leads the first trick of the first round, then Player B leads the first trick of the second round.


jbuergel wrote:
Right, and page 4 has:
Quote:
The non-dealer leads on the first trick of a round.


Hope that's clear!


so, in example player A and B
round one player A Deal, so first player to lead is B, A will follow
end round one, player B win last trick, so in round two, first trick, player B will lead. and player A will follow, but in round two, who deal is player B.

is this correct?

thank you for answer
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think that's correct. It does not matter who wins the last trick in a round.

Round 1

* Player A deals.
* Player B leads the first trick.

Then it alternates for the second round.

Round 2

* Player B deals.
* Player A leads the first trick.

I hope that helps!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subaru Brem
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyhoyt wrote:
No, I don't think that's correct. It does not matter who wins the last trick in a round.

Round 1

* Player A deals.
* Player B leads the first trick.

Then it alternates for the second round.

Round 2

* Player B deals.
* Player A leads the first trick.

I hope that helps!


ah i got it. before i get debate with my friends which will go first. now its clear. thank you
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.