4 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red event cards, how do I use the tags on them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
I understand you have to flip red events over after resolving them.

When will the tags on red event cards be used by a player?
In what instance?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Tags on event cards
They are active and may trigger effects while being played, but are not counted after this, neither during the game or during end game scoring (they may still give end game VP if they contain a VP icon).
Official FAQ / rules clarifications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
Never during the play.
They may be used for counting VP (if there are cards that grants you with VPs for those tags).

That's incorrect. Face down event tags are never counted, to the end of the game.

Tags of event cards may be used in the moment you play those events. For example there are many events with the space tag, they of course can be paid for with titanium and they get discounts for things like "space station". But later if you get for example the card that gives 1 mc per space tag it wouldn't count your space events because they are face down.

Similarly there are some events with science tags - those count for "mars university" and "olympus conference" who trigger on science tags being played. However they do not count for requirements and they do not count in the end of the game for the scientist award too!

The only other case in which tags would be counted for scoring is with jovian tags. Here the rulebook is a little confusing because it tells you to flip event cards face up to score them before scoring jovians. But luckily there are no jovian events so it doesn't really matter. Even if there were I believe they wouldn't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think consensus is that event cards tags don't count for scoring, even if there would be any Jovian events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.