Limes» Forums » General

Subject: Online version of LIMES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Hi,

I made a web version of LIMES, and with the kind permission of Martyn F and ABACUSSPIELE, I am sharing it with you:

https://ori.avtalion.name/limes/

It allows you to play the game solo, and share the "game ID" with others to see how they score (the game ID determines the contents of the draw deck).

The "online" in this post's title is a bit of a misnomer, as there is no login required and no server behind the scenes.

The game is playable on desktops (big screen), and also on mobile phones, provided you rotate the phone to landscape mode.

The button with lines on the top right leads to the settings screen, where you can choose to enable variants (currently Diagonals, Ferrymen, and Profis), and to get a link to share with friends.

I am still tweaking the interface, as it can get a bit tedious to move the mouse cursor around to all the buttons, and on mobile screens the display becomes fuzzy when zoomed out.

Feel free to post any suggestions and bug reports.

Again, a big thank you to Martyn F and ABACUSSPIELE for allowing me share this. I hope you enjoy it!
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a v i d B u r k e y
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it. Edgar Allan Poe
badge
Ain't nobody here but us chickens...
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
Hi,

I made a web version of LIMES, and with the kind permission of Martyn F and ABACUSSPIELE, I am sharing it with you:

http://ori.avtalion.name/limes/

It allows you to play the game solo, and share the "game ID" with others to see how they score (the game ID determines the contents of the draw deck).

The "online" in this post's title is a bit of a misnomer, as there is no login required and no server behind the scenes.

The game is playable on desktops (big screen), and also on mobile phones, provided you rotate the phone to landscape mode.

The button with lines on the top right leads to the settings screen, where you can choose to enable variants (currently Diagonals, Ferrymen, and Profis), and to get a link to share with friends.

I am still tweaking the interface, as it can get a bit tedious to move the mouse cursor around to all the buttons, and on mobile screens the display becomes fuzzy when zoomed out.

Feel free to post any suggestions and bug reports.

Again, a big thank you to Martyn F and ABACUSSPIELE for allowing me share this. I hope you enjoy it!

Awesome job with this! Already got a quick game in this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!! I love it! Limes is a perfect web / app game.

I played
m0kRgq
and got 46 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
Just gave it go. Great job! Thanks for your efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this! Thanks so much! Now I can play with my wife when she's at work.

If you could make it so you could order the deck of cards prior to starting the game, this would be an excellent addition to the solo challenges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
valzi wrote:
If you could make it so you could order the deck of cards prior to starting the game, this would be an excellent addition to the solo challenges.

It's possible, but messy (It would basically be handled differently than how the current game ID works, and I would also need to write a tool for you to create the code from a list of cards).

If you want to share a random challenge with physical players, why not go the other direction? Start with a random code, and note down the order cards come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
valzi wrote:

It's possible, but messy (It would basically be handled differently than how the current game ID works, and I would also need to write a tool for you to create the code from a list of cards).

If you want to share a random challenge with physical players, why not go the other direction? Start with a random code, and note down the order cards come out.

That's a good idea. The reason for starting the other way is that whoever is hosting the challenge might not know about or enjoy playing the game online. My way allows anyone to comment with a link to the game after the challenge has started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
valzi wrote:
That's a good idea. The reason for starting the other way is that whoever is hosting the challenge might not know about or enjoy playing the game online. My way allows anyone to comment with a link to the game after the challenge has started.

Fiiiine... I'll see what I can do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Correia
Portugal
Nazaré
Leiria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome, thanks for your hard work.

I was surprised to see it looks very similar to the P&P version that I've created over a year ago, so I'm very familiar with this graphics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi
United States
Sunland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this. Great to be able to play it online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Williams
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
Start with a random code, and note down the order cards come out.

I am just now making my first exploration (and finding pleasure). I might be interested in seeing a list of the drawn numbers kept on the screen as the cards are displayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
Again, a big thank you to Martyn F and ABACUSSPIELE for allowing me share this.

It may please them to know that this helped prompt me to purchase a copy of the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikita Smith
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
https://ori.avtalion.name/limes/?pDMB7T - 44 points
the very first game here! thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.