Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/06/trump-administra...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this comission doesn't even oass the smell test well enough for R states to jump in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge, no state has complied or announced they will comply with the request in full due to the amount of personal information requested.

Of course, this feeds the administration's inevitable claim that they're all hiding something. Which will be immensely laughable given Kobach's "success" at rooting out voter fraud in Kansas (maybe a dozen actual cases out of 1.5 million registered voters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Minnesota secretary of state won't supply voter information to Trump's panel
Star Tribune wrote:
Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach and Vice President Mike Pence are overseeing the commission which >snip< asked election chiefs in every state to provide, if public, the names of registered voters, party affiliation, last four digits of Social Security numbers, voting history back to 2006, felony convictions, military history and voter registration in another state.
Voting history back to 2006? What voting history does the state have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vrooman wrote:
Minnesota secretary of state won't supply voter information to Trump's panel
Star Tribune wrote:
Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach and Vice President Mike Pence are overseeing the commission which >snip< asked election chiefs in every state to provide, if public, the names of registered voters, party affiliation, last four digits of Social Security numbers, voting history back to 2006, felony convictions, military history and voter registration in another state.

Good catch. I know the state can determine what you are registered as and for how long and if any changes have been made but not sure exactly how they expect to get that information from the state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have the ACLU filed suit to try to stop this yet, or do you think it will take them until Monday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
They should probably start by asking the person who made the snap claim of 3M illegal votes for evidence.

Seems easier than shaking down states for personal information of citizens.

We need to know how people have voted in the past but tax returns are PRIVATE information!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject
In AZ, the following are public record:
Name
Party affiliation
Address
Voting frequency (ballots are anonymous so who you voted for can't be determined)

Typically, this information is available on request and is normally used by political campaigns for targeted outreach.

Social security numbers and birthdays are not part of the public record.

Our governor has said he will provide the public information and not the private.

Regardless, what Trump is doing is exactly what you would do if you wanted to engage in a nationwide voter suppression campaign. Considering there is no proof of widespread voter fraud and republican reputation for suppression it's hard not to see this in the worst possible light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vrooman wrote:

They'll certainly know whether or not you voted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
perfalbion wrote:
Vrooman wrote:

They'll certainly know whether or not you voted.

he wants your data because the thought THAT woman got more votes than him is unthinkable the rest of the repubs just want it so they can disenfrancise you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vrooman wrote:

In Connecticut there's a lot of public information. If you have my name you can get my address, my birth date, the last time I registered and in what party, what elections I voted in, and what polling station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Reality Check: This entire investigation is based solely on Donald Trump's paranoid delusion (i.e. deliberate mendacity).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.