Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Setup:
Chapter 1
Two players with 2 heroes each
I am player 1 (P1) and my gaming buddy is player 2 (P2)

CHANGES:
1. VILLAINS: Added 4 blow dart bog trog to villain #3 priority
2. EVENT DECK: Swapped a red and blue ominous silence for the KS cards 5(Stalkers) and 8(Pursuers) Both of these cards place extra villains on the board either 2 spear trogs and 1 blow trog or 2 blow trogs and 1 spear trog.
3 VILLAIN ACTION: Added 2 cards KS 1 and 2 (silent death) activate either 2 or 4 blowgun trogs
4. SETUP: replaced the two spear trogs at 1 and 5 with blow trogs

HEROES: (in activation order)
Crede and Jagger - a boy and his dog P2
Vaskis - mysterious helper P1
Pendrake - da professa P2
Agata - Berzerka! P1

Game started a bit slowly; Crede and Jagger couldn't even attack first turn or move to really do anything. However the event card was swamp gas which slowed things down also and as the blow trogs activated they moved into the water and their defense went up +4! (due to amphibious cover in a pond, swamp gas and camo combining) Melee was going to be the only way to knock them loose. Ranged attacks kept missing.

Some high lights from the game:
1. agata charged into a space with 3 bog trogs and wiped them all out with savage in round 2 of the game, then in round three charge into spawning region with 6 bog trogs (2 mist speakers, 3 spear, 1 blow) she killed 1 mist and 3 spear trogs in one turn!
2. Crede and Jagger had some really bad rolls and jagger (wolf) was down to 1 heart in a space with a villain and ran away succeeding on his hazard roll. Vaskis swooped in and healed Jagger for 4 hearts in one turn with a combination of a healing spell and a feat card that allowed you discard extra feat cards to do extra healing.
3. Professor used one for the books (feat card that lets you roll for xp if you defeat a villain with more than 1 vitality) 3 times after mist speakers were incapacitated to gain us 9 total "free) XPs

Once agata cleared most of the bunched up baddies and vaskis healed jagger up we had control of the board and milked the chapter for XPs. But there were some tense spots when villians piled up in front of agata, the extra defense of the swamp gas made ranged attacks almost useless for the first 3 rounds of the game, and lots of corrosion tokens were handed out by the mist speakers making healing more difficult at times and Jaggers brush with death taught us to avoid being to far from some sort of healing at at time, especially since Jagger has a hard time healing himself with out abilities.

In the end we destroyed almost all the villains and left the mission with 48 total XP! 12 to each hero.

Good game; overall thoughts:
1. Jagger and Crede work best apart getting second wind every turn (redrawing up to 3 feat cards). Jagger needs to have access to healing or he can be squished a little too easily by baddies. Crede and Jagger can easily do 4 total attacks per turn combined but our bad luck made most of these attacks miss.
2. Vaskis is a really good healer, but not a great damage dealer at low levels (if I read his 2nd wind right, he basically always restores his feat cards when he doesn't use one in any turn including other heroes turns so he will almost always start with 3 cards- still want clarification on that rule)
3. Agata is a beast in close combat and her snacking card can come in handy to heal her. Savaging is awesome when she runs into a large fray of bad guys.
4. Pendrake is really good at getting quest cards he has 6 intelligence, also useful in getting extra XPs for the group and his "well actually" feat card basically lets anyone reroll anything (only 1 die). We used it for hazard rolls and steel skin of the boss crocodiles.
5. No one wanted to play olo, he seemed too weak

I think we choose a good mix of "heroes" and they played well together. Really enjoyed this game, better than undercity but also more special effects to remember on villains (especially the mist speakers). Chapter 1 of WW had a lot more tension than the UC chapter 1, didn't feel like we had control of the situation until the end of round 4 (out of 8).

-EDIT-
I will probably keep adding these as we play through in separate sessions, but I want to add the condition of our heroes at the end of each chapter.

All heroes restored to full health, and no alchemical restoratives were used so all heroes have full potions.
Each hero earned 12xp:
-Pendrake: Loot-Weatherometer and choose sword of orgoth for ability (10xp) 2 remain
-Crede and Jagger- superior training ability (6xp) 6xp remaining
-Agata- Meat Threasher (12xp) 0xp remaining
-Vaskis- Harvest (10xp) 2xp remaining
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arden Nelson Jr.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the write up. I was wondering if I would ever find 3 more people willing to try this. It is good to see that just two seemed to work just fine. I may look into this sooner than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi There~

I love this session write up! So much in fact I am hoping I can use your setup for a playthrough (I will use one different hero than you) of this scenario on my YouTube channel (One Stop Co-op Shop https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrOtGhui_jdLdoQNI7PU4Pg). I will make sure to credit you for what you added from the KS, but I wanted to check to make sure you were cool with that.

Thanks!!

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grimstad
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.😊
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You rock thanks man!! I certainly will!

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grimstad
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a thread with other ideas on how to incorporate even more of the KS stuff: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1806656/how-use-purple-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Thanks for sharing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grimstad
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
let me know when you upload your video, I would like to watch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly will! I am using Crede, Vaskis, Skarg, and Agata. I just taped the setup video and will hopefully get that on youtube by the end of the week. Thanks again for letting me use your setup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just letting you know I uploaded the setup vid! It will be posted to BGG soon once approved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hJ89okDsFM

Thanks again for the setup adjustments! Now on to play the game and read what you changed for chapter 2

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grimstad
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
one word of caution when you switch the ominous silences out for other cards you make events like swamp gas last longer, and it is harder to hit the baddies at range. And you activate more villains more like to get swarmed/damaged that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point! I guess we shall see how it goes. Thanks for the warning!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.