Subject: Item 71 question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
We found the random item design 71 today

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Boots of levitation, which grants a flying trade.

Is this really meant to be permanent? It feels quite overpowered, especially since I just bought winged boots and a jump enhancement and now could have had a much better outcome for less...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
yes their effect is a permanent passive ability. They are pretty expensive and doesn't grant any extra movement but they are well worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
Morthai wrote:
yes their effect is a permanent passive ability. They are pretty expensive and doesn't grant any extra movement but they are well worth it.

Yeah, well, I paid 70 for less.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if my Mindthief would be comfortable flying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Senser
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
Yes they do.
badge
This isn't my dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
The moment I unlocked those, I got them onto my characters ASAP. Worth it alone just to turn traps into a completely positive thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
therobbot wrote:
I just bought winged boots and a jump enhancement and now could have had a much better outcome for less...

Enhancements are MUCH more expensive than items with similar power. That's intentional. If you are just trying to get the most for your cash, you would usually completely deck out with the best items before buying any enhancements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
Yeah, I did this. Unfortunately, the boots didn't unlock until right after I used the enhancement...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Monsuwe
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Enhancements don't take up item slots, so you can use a jump-enhanced card together with boots of striding to jump extra far, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
reynaert wrote:
Enhancements don't take up item slots, so you can use a jump-enhanced card together with boots of striding to jump extra far, for example.

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, both Boots of Striding are already gone in our group. In the end, the enhancement is still nice as a legacy to future generations. It was just really unfortunate that we found the item 71 right after the enhancement because I would have preferred it. But that's just bad luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.