9 Posts

Monopoly Gamer» Forums » General

Subject: how quick does this game play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C B

New York
msg tools
Not a lot of data available yet, but I'm thinking of heading to Gamestop to pick this up. For those who have had the chance to try it already, does this really play significantly faster than typical Monopoly?

Also, how well does it work as a 2 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Works well with 2 players. Each person picks 2 characters. Pick which one you want to move prior to rolling your dice. Once that turn is done, flip the character card over. Next turn, use the other character, flip the card over when done. Next turn, flip both cards back up and choose again. Rinse, repeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2 player games, there are only 6 bosses. Each of your characters does a boss fight once they land on or pass "GO," so 2 laps around and the game is done. The game board also has fewer spaces, since there are only 2 of each colored property available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Crane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no more then 30 minutes for 2 people, maybe 45 for 4. Even then that's on the high end. It plays really fast. Go pick it up, it's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6 players?? Man, I'd hate to go last!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Crane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opps I meant 4. lol fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Potter
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
poetric wrote:
Not a lot of data available yet, but I'm thinking of heading to Gamestop to pick this up. For those who have had the chance to try it already, does this really play significantly faster than typical Monopoly?

Also, how well does it work as a 2 player game?

Played two 4 player games and each was roughly 45 minutes. So a relatively quick game by "monopoly" standards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B

New York
msg tools
chestond wrote:
Works well with 2 players. Each person picks 2 characters. Pick which one you want to move prior to rolling your dice. Once that turn is done, flip the character card over. Next turn, use the other character, flip the card over when done. Next turn, flip both cards back up and choose again. Rinse, repeat.

So it only works if each player controls multiple characters? I'm always skeptical when games have to use that workaround. Will probably still give this a try though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poetric wrote:
chestond wrote:

So it only works if each player controls multiple characters? I'm always skeptical when games have to use that workaround. Will probably still give this a try though.

It's basically Double Dash. And that was the best damn Mario Kart of all time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.