Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like there are A LOT of pieces so I was just wondering how long the set up was. Also how long does it generally take you to put it away?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time you sort it, it takes a while, but it comes with nice trays, and we got a plastic container for most of the other bits, so it's not bad the second time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Those trays come with the game, so those pieces are accounted for. We got a plano-style container for the resources/coins/boats. If you keep the player pieces in little baggies, it's mostly the cards and those shapes on the oval board that need setting up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sw huang
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With the help of three little containers, which I bought at Dollar General for $1 to store all the wooden pieces, I now could set up the game at around 5 mins or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
A few people who are familiar with the game could have it set up in 5 minutes if you have the money and resources pre-sorted in bags and little cups to dump them in.

The first game or two, though, expect 10-15 minutes of set up time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikie vos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
like 5 minutes for me but thats because i made foamboard trays for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Desrochers
Canada
Mirabel
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of pieces. But if you have foamcore inserts, about 5 minutes max! Here are pictures if the one I did. Maybe it will help you make yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Foamcore is your friend with this one. 3 minutes to set up a solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Grdnr
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
To punch and sort, a while haha.
I have my bits in a Plano box and can set up for solo in 10 minutes tops. I was very concerned while unboxing this that the set up would take away from any chance to play this solo but I am very happy to say it is not nearly as complicated as it looks and I have enjoyed it a few times already. Break down is about the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.